Confirmed with Link: Reece Scarlett to FL for Shane Harper

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Scarlett is garbage. Just a horrid defenseman. This is purely an AHL depth move. Lou ignored Albany for years, Shero is trying to develop a culture. People have to understand not every single player/prospect is a huge loss.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If anyone complains about this move they're either delusional or have a much bigger interest in our AHL team than I can comprehend because that's all this move was. Neither are NHL players.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A 23 year old defenseman for a 28-year old minor league forward? Can this day get any worse?

So we decide who wins an AHL deal solely by who's younger? Scarlett was never in the team's plans here, it was AHL player for AHL player.

The graphic amuses me though, welcome to New Jersey? More like welcome to Albany :P

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hah, Shane Harper is one of two guys from my hometown (suburb hour north of Los Angeles) who played in the NHL (Kevan Miller is the other).

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Scarlett has Mozik ahead of the depth chart on him anyways.

This trade is irrelevant on the NHL level. Just purely getting another RW for Albany and maybe Harper gets a look at 4RW at some point.

The overreactions I've seen on this trade (not really here) are just hysterical. You would've though Scarlett was a defender with second-pairing potential.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shero batting 0 for 3? Would you rather he held onto Parenteau and Quincey for our "playoff" run? :laugh:

No

But we certainly could have used Reece Scarlett for our playoff run.

This year and in the future.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd imagine Scarlett would've been more important to that than Harper. Scarlett lead the D in scoring.

Eh Auvitu's gonna be their top offensive d-man in the playoffs. And they probably will bring in one or two PTO's/prospects.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's been a staple in Albany for back-to-back Calder Cup championships in my NHL 17 dynasty.:sarcasm:
Were you able to acquire the rights to Urbom?:sarcasm:
ah yes…i recall picking up "Martin Brochu" in one of the EA games series just to have him back up marty. for the comedy of it. :laugh:
LOL @ Martin Brochu.

I only remember Martin Brochu actually existed, because when you go to hockey reference and type in Martin Brodeur, the only other player to come up in the database as you're typing Martin Bro is Martin Brochu.

I remembered when he played us once, laughing at his name almost being Martin Brodeur haha. And the fact that he was a goalie too.

Check out his career splits, 9 NHL games played and just one team that he had a save percentage of better than .897 against. Guess who?:laugh:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/b/brochma01/splits/

The one game against us was just in relief though, in 03-04 and after Sebastien Caron was yanked for allowing 5 goals. This was also his last time on NHL ice in a game.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/200403170NJD.html

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Harper's got some serious wheels.

Scored his first two NHL goals in this game earlier this year. His acceleration on the first one was impressive:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Harper's got some serious wheels.

Scored his first two NHL goals in this game earlier this year. His acceleration on the first one was impressive:

He reminds me of Sislo. Another ''Older'' AHL veteran.
No, but I did sign Tedenby for Albany and he put up like 50 points.:laugh:
That's the only Tedenby ever hit 50 points in an actual hockey league, and it was in a make believe video game haha.

I supposed 32 points in 47 games last year, is close to 55 points in 80 AHL games. I'm pretty sure the AHL is a better league than the SEL though, so I don't think he would have scored that there. Currently has 28 points in 45 games this year. I think their regular season might be ending soon. That's 13 goals two years in a row! I can't believe he scored 13 goals in less than 50 goals. Every time he had a scoring chance here after his initial breakout as a rookie, he flung the puck at the glass on a on breakaway or missed the net or get muscled off the puck, because he was weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad