Reebok 9K a tad too big - Opinions?

kingscourt26

Jul 19, 2010
Hello all, first time posting in this section and have a bit of a dilemma. I bought a brand new pair of the Reebok 9K skates for just over 200 bucks. I got a great price since they are the 09' model and are being cleared out and I ordered them in a 10D since my show size is 11.5. Even my old Missions were 11.5 (before the sizing switch).

They aren't falling off or anything but the heel shifts and I tend to like a tight boot. I don't want to get in the habit of thicker socks or any other quick fixes so I was wondering what you all think I should do. Will they get tighter if I bake them since the boot will wrap around my foot better?

I can get the 7K for about the same price. Is there a huge difference? I would hate to downgrade for the same price and the 9K is so light.

Thanks in advance!

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
I have the 9ks also and love them, I originally got half a size big as well, but luckily the guy at my local shop let me return them as i only skated once in them.

I wouldnt mess with skate sizing if you are half size smaller get half a size smaller because if anything once they are baked/break in they are going to get slightly bigger. You want your heel to lock in to place and it moving around isnt a good thing.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Skates only get roomier, not tighter. Return them for the correct size if you can.
Indeed, baking will only make them roomier, as will skating in them over time. You really should never buy skates without trying them on, if you can return these for a pair that fits properly you definitely should, even if it's a lower model. Fit is far more important than a small amount of added weight.

kingscourt26

Jul 19, 2010
Thanks guys. I got them on eBay brand new from a sport shop that was clearing them out. Since they hadn't been sharpened or baked, he took them back. I went over to Hockey Giant in Anaheim and got sized for the 9.5D and they were a much better fit...which is odd because I have 11.5 shoe, 11.5D in my old Missions and 10D in CCM.

Anyways, I bought them new on eBay for 150...I could care less that they are the 09s, at 150 for the 9K, I think I got a steal.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Thanks guys. I got them on eBay brand new from a sport shop that was clearing them out. Since they hadn't been sharpened or baked, he took them back. I went over to Hockey Giant in Anaheim and got sized for the 9.5D and they were a much better fit...which is odd because I have 11.5 shoe, 11.5D in my old Missions and 10D in CCM.

Anyways, I bought them new on eBay for 150...I could care less that they are the 09s, at 150 for the 9K, I think I got a steal.

Shoe size doesn't really mean much. Each skate manufacturer sizes differently. I wear a 13 in my shoe but my skates are either 11, 11.5, or 12 depending on the manufacturer. I wouldn't even think to buy a pair without getting sized correctly in them.

If you find a deal online, at least try to run down to a shop and get sized in that brand to see what the size really is. I like my skates very snug from heel/toe. Too much room and it throws me all off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad