Redo your clubs draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
monster_bertuzzi said:
What Brian Burke, Pierre Mcguire, and Gord Miller say means nothing to me...

If the canucks really wanted to do something about goaltending instead of having that sieve cloutier in net again why wouldnt they have come up with an offer for lalime....who ftr should make around the same as cloutier this season coming up.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
18th: Kyle Chipchura
84th: Alexei Yemelin
100th: Oscar Hedman
150th: Frederik Cabana
181th: Julien Ellis
212th: Justin Keller
246th: Jan Steber
262th: Martin Vagner
278th: Charles Fontaine

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Ducks:

Round 1: A.J. Thelen over Smid - not as NHL ready currently as Smid but I think he will be the better player long term

Round 2: Same Choice (Jordan Smith)

Round 3: Paul Baier over Klubertanz- Baier is from the same hometown as my brother's wife, friends whose hockey knowledge I value are very high on him.

Round 3: Shawn Weller over Brent- Been down this road with Brent, contrary to what has been said I have doubts he'll be pleased staying with this organization after what has gone down.

Round 6: Same Choice (Matt Auffrey)

Round 7: Same Choice (Gabriel Bouthilette)

Round 8: Mike Card over Matt Christie- Card was a guy I was hoping they would target late in the draft. I think he can be a long term 4th or 5th D-man some day.

Round 9: Same Choice (Janne Pesonen)

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
If I was picking for Detroit this is how the draft would have went for the Wings:

97th overall - D Mitch Maunu (Between him and D Wes O'Neill)

128th overall - RW Juraj Gracik (RW Gino Pisellini is a very close second option here)

151st overall - D Rickard Demen-Willaume

162nd overall - C Tyler Haskins (The only pick that I really liked Detroit making)

192nd overall - D Matt Hunwick (Will be Michigans #1 D next year, J-M Liles anyone?)

226th overall - LW Sergei Shirokov

257th overall - Gennady Stolyarov (Could develop nicely, between him and G Dave Brown)

290th overall - RW Dimitri Shitikov

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Calgary Flames

24th - G David Shantz
70th - RW Zdenek Bahensky
98th - RW Juraj Gracik
118th - D Mitch Maunu
121st - RW Ryan Callahan
173rd - D Jaroslav Mrazek
182nd - D Emil Axelsson
200th - RW Mark Mancari
213th - C Jared Walker
279th - W Jannik Hansen

Hell would freeze over before Sutter took that many Euro's :lol .

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
159. GRANT CLITSOME, D, NEPEAN (CJHL)
189. MAXIM SEMENOV, D, TOGLIATTI
254. LUKE BEAVERSON, D, GREEN BAY
287. Dimitri Shitikov, RW

"Clitsome bumps into Beaverson, who is trying to get away from Semenov. Semenov heads straight for Beaverson...and makes a big CONNECTION!!!...Sly Shitikov takes the puck, fires a rocket that Clitsome blocks. Clitsome and Beaverson, one behind the other, skate out of the zone. Clitsome and Beaverson link for a passing play....And...Shitikov steals the puck from behind. Semenov recieves the pass, then feeds it to Shitikov....Shitikov SCOOOOOOOOOOREES!!!!"

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Bubbles said:
159. GRANT CLITSOME, D, NEPEAN (CJHL)
189. MAXIM SEMENOV, D, TOGLIATTI
254. LUKE BEAVERSON, D, GREEN BAY
287. Dimitri Shitikov, RW

"Clitsome bumps into Beaverson, who is trying to get away from Semenov. Semenov heads straight for Beaverson...and makes a big CONNECTION!!!...Sly Shitikov takes the puck, fires a rocket that Clitsome blocks. Clitsome and Beaverson, one behind the other, skate out of the zone. Clitsome and Beaverson link for a passing play....And...Shitikov steals the puck from behind. Semenov recieves the pass, then feeds it to Shitikov....Shitikov SCOOOOOOOOOOREES!!!!"

lol :lol

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
Isles (* actual pick):

16: ANDREJ MESZAROS
47: ENVER LISIN
82: VICTOR ALEXANDROV
115: WES O'NEILL*
148: STEVE REGIER*
179: JAROSLAV MRAZEK*
210: EMIL AXELSSON*
227: CHRIS CAMPOLI *
244: PEKKA RINNE
276: MATHIS OLIMB

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I like the Hawks draft and cant think of any bad picks that I would undo, I even like their 9th rounder.

I see a lot of people picking Maunu in their redos. Anyone have any info on him. Thanks.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
steblick said:
Of course this "hindsight" drafting is based upon knowing that your preferred player would DEFINITELY not be chosen by another team whereas in real life you wouldn't know that. So you might snap him up earlier.

Confused? OK, an example: You re-pick Wes O'Neill at, say, #113 because you KNOW that the Isles actually got him at #115. But in the real-time draft you might well have picked him at #40 because you might well have thought somebody else would pick him up soon (before your next pick at #70).

Yeah- I'm raining on your post-draft parade.

Are you some kind of genetically modified super genious! I never realized.

*is in awe of the logical powers of steblick*

:bow: :innocent:

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Vancouver Canucks, in brackets=actual pick

1) (#26 G Cory Schneider) pick #29 D Mike Green
2)
3) (#91 D Alexander Edler) pick #104 RW Fredrik Naslund
4) (#125 LW Andrew Sarauer) pick #132 D Oscar Hedman
5) (#159 RW Mike Brown) pick #178 C Michael Santorelli
6) (#189 G Julien Ellis-Plante) keep
7)
8) (#254 D David Schultz) pick RW Dimitri Shitikov
9) (#287 W Jannik Hansen) keep

Can't believe Canucks passed up on Oscar Hedman!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Vman said:
Vancouver Canucks, in brackets=actual pick

1) (#26 G Cory Schneider) pick #29 D Mike Green
2)
3) (#91 D Alexander Edler) pick #104 RW Fredrik Naslund
4) (#125 LW Andrew Sarauer) pick #132 D Oscar Hedman
5) (#159 RW Mike Brown) pick #178 C Michael Santorelli
6) (#189 G Julien Ellis-Plante) keep
7)
8) (#254 D David Schultz) pick RW Dimitri Shitikov
9) (#287 W Jannik Hansen) keep

Can't believe Canucks passed up on Oscar Hedman!

Edler sounds interesting, could be a good pick.

Green-Edler-Hedman and I'd have been happy about the draft and the Nucks D for the next 10 years.

Olimb, Shitikov, Hansen could have been good in the late round wild cards.

Ellis-Plante to round it out.

Almost an all Euro draft when we need more NA players but still.....

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Steblick,

In your opinion, who are the winners and losers of this draft? What picks shocked you? and who are the sleepers?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
LemonDrop_27 said:
Steblick,

In your opinion, who are the winners and losers of this draft? What picks shocked you? and who are the sleepers?

First, I think it's amusing and interesting that most posters praise or criticize their team's picks in accordance with how closely their team followed CSS, THN or McKeen's rankings. It seems most posters consider these services to be a canonical, biblical source- and failure to follow these 'bibles' means that their team drafted poorly.

Anyway, it's hard to argue that teams that had a bunch of early picks- like Chicago, Wash, NYR, Pitts etc. didn't do well. But for my money the smartest picks (talent received relative to drafting position) went to Ottawa, with Edmonton next.

I was surprised at how the Russians dropped but that was clearly because of the unstable staus of the agreement with the RIF. The fact that Pluschyev and Megalinsky went undrafted was shocking. Like most, I was very surprised at Hedman's fall, and to a lesser extent, O'Neill (I say lesser because he got burned so many times in Minsk by speedy skaters), and Roman Tomanek who I thought as an up 'n comer. As for 1st round picks Fistric was the weakest IMO. I never saw Chris Bourque play so I don't know how out there that 2nd round choice was. Blake Comeau was a surprise pick at #47 for me too- I'm not a fan.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Edmonton Oilers

14 - Marek Schwarz
25 - Rob Schremp - Same
44 - Viktor Alexandrov or Jakub Sindel
112 - Evan Mcgrath
146 - Bryan Young - Same
177 - Robert Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad