GDT: Red Wings versus Capitals. 7pm EST. Capital One Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well that was a fine result.

Steady, good goaltending and a solid outing for CMM.

Wait, why are we doing a shootout?

Okay that was a MUCH better 2nd and 3rd periods. More of that and we can make some noise in the playoffs.
1665020596687.gif

McMike trying to prove something tonight.

He and his 2 linemates lol…

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Brown reminds me of Troy Brouwer a bit visually….weirds me out….also has a little Sami Zayn in him…

Oshie once again proving his leadership by committing figurative seppuku in order to secure a spot for the youngsters to open the season.
#LeaderofMen

Last edited:
Reactions: twabby

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There’s another preseason game left to go but I’m confident in saying that both Protas and McMichael deserve a spot in the lineup on opening night.

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Mantha
McMichael/Protas-Strome-Brown
McMichael/Protas-Eller-Sheary/Oshie
Sheary/Johansson-Dowd-Hathaway

If Oshie is healthy he gets 3RW. Johansson can draw into the lineup at 4LW if Oshie isn’t healthy, otherwise Johansson can eat some Swedish meatballs in the press box.

McMichael and Protas are both middle six LWs.

I don’t like Brown with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. I’d like to see Mantha there instead.

Edit: I’d like to see Eller as 4LW with CMM at 3C but I’m working in the confines of what is in the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Oshie went down a bit awkwardly in the first period as well. Definitely begin to wonder if this isn't the new normal for him.

McMichael still only played about 11 minutes. Should have been at least a few more.

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Brown
Sheary - Strome - Mantha
Snively - McMichael - Protas
Eller - Dowd - Hathaway

That third line won't happen in a billion years but w/e.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Just got finished watching my stream.

CMM scores a goal, tallies a primary assist, has one of if not the best shift of any skater when he scored that goal (including drawing the delayed penalty), makes a solid defensive play, doesn't commit any penalties, and doesn't give any goals up himself. All-in-all, he may have been the Capitals best forward tonight.

Yet, despite all that, he saw just four seconds more ice-time than Henrik Borgstrom (and less even-strength time). He finished 10th among the 11 Caps forwards who completed the game in total TOI and 11th out of 11 in Even-strength Time on Ice. He was tied with Snively for the fewest even-strength shifts (15).
At least he got some PP2 time...

This is just another example of how there's basically no correlation between how well he does or doesn't play and the amount of ice time he receives.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Oshie went down a bit awkwardly in the first period as well. Definitely begin to wonder if this isn't the new normal for him.

McMichael still only played about 11 minutes. Should have been at least a few more.

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Brown
Sheary - Strome - Mantha
Snively - McMichael - Protas
Eller - Dowd - Hathaway

That third line won't happen in a billion years but w/e.
we can only hope

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Wilson will be back, then your wings are Ovi, Wilson, Brown, Mantha, Oshie, McMike, Sheary, Hathaway, Johansson. That’s as deep a winger pool as they’ve had in recent memory. That depth has size and decent skating though it is a bit old and on the plodding / grinding side. At the very least we shouldn’t need a Larsson/Johansson type at the deadline. I’d also prefer they add someone a bit more dynamic who can create and finish chances on their own, right now it looks like they’ll really have to work to generate consistent offense.

This is kind of my long term expectation for CMM

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia

CMM scores a goal, tallies a primary assist, has one of if not the best shift of any skater when he scored that goal (including drawing the delayed penalty), makes a solid defensive play, doesn't commit any penalties, and doesn't give any goals up himself. All-in-all, he may have been the Capitals best forward tonight.

Yet, despite all that, he saw just four seconds more ice-time than Henrik Borgstrom (and less even-strength time). He finished 10th among the 11 Caps forwards who completed the game in total TOI and 11th out of 11 in Even-strength Time on Ice. He was tied with Snively for the fewest even-strength shifts (15).

This is just another example of how there's basically no correlation between how well he does or doesn't play and the amount of ice time he receives.
not enough of a veteran leader and not enough grit! no ice time for you.

Reactions: Hivemind

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Very well put. Just absurd coaching decisions.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Went to the game last night. Great to be back in the building. Mid-way through the first i stood up and yelled “we have goaltending again!” There were several turnovers that led to breakaways and Darcy always had an answer. That is going to be nice this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad