GDT: Red Wings versus Capitals. 7pm EST. Capital One Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
October 5 vs. Detroit Red Wings at Capital One Arena

Time: 7:00 p.m.

TV: NBCSW

Radio: 106.7 The Fan, Capitals Radio 24/7

Detroit Red Wings (2-3-0)

Washington Capitals (2-1-1)

After playing three road exhibitions in a span of four nights to finish out last week, the Capitals took Sunday off and returned to the rigors of training camp practice on Monday and Tuesday, with a newly trimmed camp roster in the wake of a small round of weekend cuts. On Wednesday night the Caps will take on the Detroit Red Wings in Washington's penultimate preseason game. The two teams met in Detroit last week when the Caps skated off with a 2-0 victory.

Not including a quartet of injured players who will not be ready to play when the season opens a week from today, the Caps' training camp roster is down to 28 players (18 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders). At least five more players will need to be trimmed from the roster, and most of the players remaining on the roster would need to clear waivers to be loaned to AHL Hershey. Among the forwards still in camp and vying for a roster berth, only three - Kody Clark, Connor McMichael and Aliaksei Protas - are waiver-exempt.

Sep 19, 2008
Stupid refs already at work in caps game giving Detroit early 5 on 3.

Wings score.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Didn't realize I was six minutes dvr delayed. Darcy looks good I was kinda bullish on the signing but looks solid.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Best game from CMM all preseason.

But the team, overall, looks about the same they have the last 2 years. And that's not a good thing.

Reactions: Calicaps

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
McMike was all over that shift. He had the chip out of the zone, then had a shitty dump-in attempt, but when he got the pass from Jensen who made a nice play to skate the puck in he took it to the net and drew the delayed penalty, then capped it off with a goal. High event player :laugh:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
But the team, overall, looks about the same they have the last 2 years. And that's not a good thing.
Better goaltending to hold the fort at least. But, of course, it is predominantly all the same skaters playing the same style so...

I do like Strome's nose for the net and Brown's got a solid work ethic but there's definitely a need still for a more dynamic secondary piece.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Better goaltending to hold the fort at least. But, of course, it is predominantly all the same skaters playing the same style so...

I do like Strome's nose for the net and Brown's got a solid work ethic but there's definitely a need still for a more dynamic secondary piece.
Wilson will be back, then your wings are Ovi, Wilson, Brown, Mantha, Oshie, McMike, Sheary, Hathaway, Johansson. That’s as deep a winger pool as they’ve had in recent memory. That depth has size and decent skating though it is a bit old and on the plodding / grinding side. At the very least we shouldn’t need a Larsson/Johansson type at the deadline. I’d also prefer they add someone a bit more dynamic who can create and finish chances on their own, right now it looks like they’ll really have to work to generate consistent offense.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Strong sliding defensive play by McMichael on Edvinsson. He's had #3's number.

I think they need more of an open ice presence that would ideally draw some scrutiny as to who to match up against. Right now it's an easy decision. Theoretically they're structured for the third-line to be a mismatch but I'm not sure it really will be in practice. If it's Eller centering it I don't know that he makes those wingers better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad