GDT: Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks - 10 EST

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Not going to lie, I've got Boeser in the pool and nobody else does. I hope he gets another hat trick.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We have a very similar young forward core to Vancouver IMO, maybe not in terms of playstyle but in terms of quality of player.

Athanasiou - Larkin - Mantha = Baertchi - Horvat - Boeser

All kinda young, don't know if any are going to be elite yet, but showing first line potential at least. Vancouver's situation has some striking resemblance to ours in general, though they have good coaching. Kinda wish Blash would rest Z and let the young ones dominate ice time, like Green is doing with their young guys and the Sedins. I think they've got some better forward prospects than us though we've definitely got better D prospects.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We have a very similar young forward core to Vancouver IMO, maybe not in terms of playstyle but in terms of quality of player.

Athanasiou - Larkin - Mantha = Baertchi - Horvat - Boeser

All kinda young, don't know if any are going to be elite yet, but showing first line potential at least. Vancouver's situation has some striking resemblance to ours in general, though they have good coaching. Kinda wish Blash would rest Z and let the young ones dominate ice time, like Green is doing with their young guys and the Sedins. I think they've got some better forward prospects than us though we've definitely got better D prospects.
I agree with this post a lot, and I love what Green is doing, but his handling of the Sedins has a lot more to do with their play than giving the kids minutes.

Reactions: TheMule93

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
I agree with this post a lot, and I love what Green is doing, but his handling of the Sedins has a lot more to do with their play than giving the kids minutes.

That is definitely true. I guess if we trade Z ,him playing lots of IT and racking up more points can only help. Especially if he can still do it, which the Sedins don't seem capable of anymore (1st line icetime). No point to to sit Z just because hes old as long as he can still play. And while Larkin, Mantha, AA finally seem to be getting more ice time, its not like in Vancouver where they're expected to carry pretty much all of the offense, and get the first opportunity on the PP. Green is legit a great coach.

Reactions: Ezekial

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
It being the 2nd half of a back-to-back the kid energy is going to be needed. The positive thing is that they played early yesterday and are playing late today, so its one of the easiest back-to-backs they'll ever play.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lines.png

Don't know where Dailyfaceoff got these lines, I saw them earlier and was waiting for a tweet from a beat writer that never came. So if Nyquist is indeed out this could be the setup I guess.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hey guys good luck tnt . Hoping for a high scoring game w. Lots of points from all our youth.

Tanev is a beast so if u guys want to get the young guys going then keep the Larkin line away from the Tanev Hutton pair.

Whos in net for you guys tnt ?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I hope Blash does the AA Larkin Frk line again. They looked good last game.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Hey guys good luck tnt . Hoping for a high scoring game w. Lots of points from all our youth.

Tanev is a beast so if u guys want to get the young guys going then keep the Larkin line away from the Tanev Hutton pair.

Whos in net for you guys tnt ?
Mrazek yesterday so probably Jimmy tonight

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
man ive always liked jerseys with green on em, except for the devils that just makes no sense

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Good work by the hard work line.

I'd call them the asap ferg line but I'm not sure who would get the reference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad