Friedman: Red Wings trying to give Ouellet a fresh start

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I feel like we had this thread earlier in the year, too. Ouellet isn't very good, why would any team go out of their way to trade for him?

That's because the far superior McKenzie broke that news 2 or 3 weeks ago and a thread was posted.

I honestly don't know why people bother with the 31 Thoughts stuff.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
XO is weird case, always been terrible skater but pretty decent hockey sense. He's by no means a tough guy but what baffled me was reading an article this off-season where in a interview he said he had put on weight and was gonna play a tougher role, definitely hasn't worked out since he looks slower than ever and isn't big enough to play tough or have strong net front presence.

He literarlly serves no role on the team and seems to just be there doing nothing most nights.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Draft maybe. Unless it's dirt cheap with retention, I doubt he's moved. At best, depth move. I just have trouble seeing a contender arranging their blue line around a trade for him.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Does Friedman inform us on where the Ouellet lineup starts? Because apparently Holland forgot to a couple weeks ago.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
He has taken a step back since last year. He is a pretty vanilla player. Maybe some team with depth issues is interested in having him be the 6/7 guy. Wings are probably better off holding on to him I think. Doubt they would get more than a 4th. Though Holland managed to get a 3rd for Jurco so who knows

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
One of the most meh players I've ever seen. Never seems to make terrible mistakes but doesn't seem to contribute anything ever. Give us a 5th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad