Red Wings starting Defense 2020-2021 including free agents.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Krug would be #1 if we could actually persuade him to leave a Cup contender to join a rebuilder. McIsaac will likely be in the AHL.

Reactions: hkydave04

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Here is my starting D next year 1. Dekeyser 2. Hronek, 3. Nemeth, 4 Seider 5. Krug 6 .Cholowski. 7 McIssac. Gone Daley, Green, Ericcson, Bowey, Biega. I must say though I am stretching a bit on Krug.

Bodie-Hronek
Dekeyser-Seider
Cholowski-McIlrath
Nemeth

If Bodie isn't available...
Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Cholo-Vatanan
McIlrath

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
There's absolutely no reason to go out and spend on Krug when he's 28/29 and we're still probably 3 years away from competing.

I think that's a pretty generous outlook...which makes the argument for Krug even worse in my estimation.

I'm not a fan of going after any of these defensive free agents this summer

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Krug would be #1 if we could actually persuade him to leave a Cup contender to join a rebuilder. McIsaac will likely be in the AHL.
There's only one thing in the world that could persuade any player to do that. That said, I hope Yzerman doesn't offer a big contract to a player like Krug. Don't want to overpay for a player like him.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
There's only one thing in the world that could persuade any player to do that. That said, I hope Yzerman doesn't offer a big contract to a player like Krug. Don't want to overpay for a player like him.

We can definitely offer more cash at this point, and there's the allure of him coming home to Michigan. I think Krug would provide some much needed stability on defense and the power play if we don't have to overpay him. Pietrangelo would as well and would be a great mentor for Seider, but I think his contract will be a bit too rich/long for my taste.

Somebody like Erik Gustafsson is interesting as well.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
LOL Krug that stopped me from finishing the thread, don't need him don't want him. He is a short term fix that pays no dividends aged out of the timing for this core.

Reactions: hkydave04

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Bodie-Hronek
Dekeyser-Seider
Cholowski-McIlrath
Nemeth

If Bodie isn't available...
Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Cholo-Vatanan
McIlrath
No way Cholo slots ahead of Nemeth, and they'll probably keep Seider in GR as well.

So we're stuck with whatever garbage we have minus Green, Daley, and Ericsson.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
No way Seider is in GR next year.

The defense gets weird depending who is up and how the wings want to deploy Seider (and likely Cholowski). I look at our blueline and see:

dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Cholowski-Bowey?McIlrath?Lindstrom?

Might not be horrible if they could stay healthy, but this is the third straight season Dekeyser has missed a good chunk of games. I don't really like bringing in a vet lefty because it's pretty much going to force Cholowski to GR. That might not be the worst thing, though.

I don't really like how our blueline is set up.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I feel like we should outbid everyone for Shattenkirk on a three-four year deal just because we need some kind of vet here now that Kronwall's gone and there seems like a real leadership vacuum. Who knows if he'd take it, but I feel like it's worth a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad