Confirmed with Link: Red Wings sign Richard Nedomlel to ELC

RedWingsNow*

Wonder if the wings sign Marchenko still?

Is there still a contract limit?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wonder if the wings sign Marchenko still?

Is there still a contract limit?

I count to 38 contracts right now for next season with Nedomlel and Coreau signed.

Yet to be signed/not signed currently: Howard, Filppula, Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson, Smith, Kindl, Backman, Quine, Marchenko, Hudon.

Wings are getting up there if they want to go after free agents.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I've been one of his bigger supporters on here. Glad to see him signed. He will take time to develop but I believe one day he will be a bottom pairing guy.

Thanks for posting OP and yes I think it's thread worthy as there was some debate on whether he would get a contract.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I count to 38 contracts right now for next season with Nedomlel and Coreau signed.

Yet to be signed/not signed currently: Howard, Filppula, Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson, Smith, Kindl, Backman, Quine, Marchenko, Hudon.

There is no room for free agents in the lineup if they sign all those guys anyways.

RedWingsNow*

Quine has probably done enough for a contract. Hudon's great playoff was probably too little too late.

So that's 48.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Nedomlel gets signed but Marchenko, Jensen, Bäckman isn't? hmm

Won't they sign Quine either?
Bäckman* is the only one of those three who has to be signed or they lose his rights. I'm sure Quine will be signed, doubt Hudon will.

We'd be fine if we didn't have like 10 bottom-6 forwards and too many d-men... They really don't need all those D-men since next year they'll have a couple of guys in GR who can fill in for injuries. Same thing with forwards. I'm sure Almqvist/Ouellet/Sproul/Marchenko can fill in if the 7/8 who are up aren't enough.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nedomlel is the only one of those three who has to be signed or they lose his rights. I'm sure Quine will be signed, doubt Hudon will.

We'd be fine if we didn't have like 10 bottom-6 forwards and too many d-men... They really don't need all those D-men since next year they'll have a couple of guys in GR who can fill in for injuries. Same thing with forwards. I'm sure Almqvist/Ouellet/Sproul/Marchenko can fill in if the 7/8 who are up aren't enough.

Bäckman has to be signed. But he is still playing the Swedish playoffs, so the contract will come later.

It's just 100% sure the ELC will come, and then they keep him at Linköping at least for 1-year. Just like they did with Järnkrok and Pulkkinen.

Rights for Russians will last longer, so Marchenko's situation is kind of open. His team lost at 1st round of KHL playoffs over a week ago. I would like to see him at a KHL team, where he could log 20 minutes a night. Won't mind either, if he comes to AHL, but because we have so many guys coming at same time, maybe it's tactically best to delay Marchenko. We'll see what happens.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
If he goes to Toledo he may never again see the light of day. He'll get buried like Coetzee during crucial development years.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Bäckman has to be signed. But he is still playing the Swedish playoffs, so the contract will come later.

It's just 100% sure the ELC will come, and then they keep him at Linköping at least for 1-year. Just like they did with Järnkrok and Pulkkinen.
Yeah sorry, was supposed to say Bäckman is the D that has to be signed. The "has to be signed" wouldn't make much sense for Nedomlel since he already was...

Nedomlel's contract info from CapGeek: http://capgeek.com/player/2438 Does that mean he makes $162,5k/year? 70k AHL salary + 92,5k signing bonus? If so, that's pretty good.

Last edited:

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I've seen Nedoniel play live many times and every time I left even more impressed. For a guy who was drafted late and still looks like one of the best players on the ice during these games I don't see how you can't offer him a contract. A defenseman with size and can play a rough game has value. Even though his stats don't always speak for what he is. I know one of his coaches and trust his opinion.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If he goes to Toledo he may never again see the light of day. He'll get buried like Coetzee during crucial development years.

I would think getting a contract as a free agent, and rich with playing time in pro hockey age 20-22 has been great for Coetzee.. But what do I know.

Nedomlel's contract info from CapGeek: http://capgeek.com/player/2438 Does that mean he makes $162,5k/year? 70k AHL salary + 92,5k signing bonus? If so, that's pretty good.

Yup, giving out a signing bonus seems like standard. And makes the contract a lot more tolerable for any prospect.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad