Proposal: Red Wings - Senators

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Detroit needs PMD, preferebly RH. Does Methot check either of those boxes?

Oh and there is this thing called a salary cap. Not sure if you have heard of it. Basically, it limits how much a team is allowed to spend on their roster.

It would be STUPID for a team up against the cap to trade a relatively cheap player for a more expensive one, that doesn't fill a need.

I just said that I don't see the point for Ottawa to make this trade. Or were you replying because of the emoticon I used? I was just surprised at the "Detroit passes" because Methot would make their D-corps better, which is sub-par IMO. But I know that the trade doesn't make sense for both teams, mainly because of cap hit for Detroit so it wouldn't work. I never talked about that before just now. You just assumed that I didn't know but I didn't say anything else other than the face.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
I can honestly say there is no combination of players, picks or prospects that I would take from Detroit in exchange for Karlsson.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I can honestly say there is no combination of players, picks or prospects that I would take from Detroit in exchange for Karlsson.

Larkin (50% retained)
Dekeyser (50% retained)
Mrazek (50% retained)
Svechnikov
Cholowski
2017 1st round pick
2017 2nd round pick
2018 1st round pick
2018 2nd round pick
2019 1st round pick
2019 2nd round pick
2020 1st round pick
2020 2nd round pick

would be hard to turn down. lol

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Larkin (50% retained)
Dekeyser (50% retained)
Mrazek (50% retained)
Svechnikov
Cholowski
2017 1st round pick
2017 2nd round pick
2018 1st round pick
2018 2nd round pick
2019 1st round pick
2019 2nd round pick
2020 1st round pick
2020 2nd round pick

would be hard to turn down. lol

not enoighz picks

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa

I might do i deal that lets us take Detroit and combine them with us. We would send back anything we did not want + Karlsson. Not sure if that would be enough though as Detroit clearly lacks high end talent so even a combined team likely is nothing special.(as we still have to fit within the cap)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Prime aged Z is a tough call. Prime Datsyuk is a straight up no, every time.

Crazy scenario to even ponder, since Z hasn't been that 90 pt guy that also provides excellent defense in forever now :(

I think Z was a more well rounded player and also great leader, so not sure I could do it even with as bad as we need help on the blue line.

Not really, it is not hard to argue that for 07-08 Zetterberg was the best player in the world. There is virtually no difference between prime Zetterberg and Datsyuk, both shouldn't ever be moved if you have them and they weren't.

Karlsson is massively underrated defensively. He takes too much crap far too often around here. But there are parts I wouldn't be interested in moving for him. This scenario is an easy no.

If people want Karlsson they are going to have to wait until the last year of his contract at best. Doubt he wears another jersey to be honest and good for Ottawa. Hopefully they can put more around him at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad