Votes: 2 2.7%
  • RD - Antti Tuomisto

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Berggren I guess

not very enthusiastic about it since i don't exactly view him as a safe bet even without the injuries but we've already reached the point where everyone left is either struggling with injuries/performance,low upside,just hasn't proved themselves enough yet,or worse more than one of those things

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Voted Smith since he's the best known quantity on this list and is already doing well with the big club. Wish I could vote for Berg or that Svetch wasn't even on the list, but their injuries are putting a big dampener for me.

Reactions: Ishad

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Voting Lindstrom for a bit. I think he'll be a solid bottom pairing guy for us when given the chance.

I know Smith isn't truly "graduated" but I have a tough time voting for him in one of these. I do think he's the best player on this list though.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Would be Berggren for me easily 2 weeks ago, but losing another year to injury is too much. It's too bad as he was one of my favorite prospects draft night, but I'm losing hope for him now.

Voted Albert Johansson as I love his game but still a lot of solid choices.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
My feelings are radically different than they were before the season. The injuries for Berggren are a concern. The slow recovery for Svechnikov is a concern.

The emergence of Soderblom, the dominance of Tuomisto at the junior level, the early performance of Mastrosimone are all reasons to be excited.

I liked the framework that Mastrosimone’s game is built on, and I believe that with time and physical strength developing, he will be a nice player.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Not sure why Rasmussen is losing his prospect status because of the dumb CHL rule...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not sure why Rasmussen is losing his prospect status because of the dumb CHL rule...

I'll do some re-rounds after these current ones with NHL rookie status as the limit (less than 25 games in NHL).

Then we'll take the waiver-eligibility as a factor and get more of a list "rank of young players", not just prospects.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
In the context of this discussion, I would lump Svech and Smith in with the graduated class.

This next tier is an interesting one, where my heart/gut lies with Johansson, Mastrosimone and Phillips as being the most valuable due to their similar profiles as long term prospects with great sense/savvy/involvement in the play, but it's obvious that they won't be fully grown until their mid 20s.

Mastrosimone seems like he can be Zuccarello-esque on offense and Maltby-esque on D, as long as gets his power skating reps in. Johansson and Phillips seem like they are used to being top line players, and it's just a matter if they can transform their physical stature to a point where they can continue to control the play with effortless skating and wunderkind savvy at the next couple levels.

Certainly a gap in coverage from our prospects here, that continues to make it really important to me that we don't keep using Cholowski and Rasmussen as prospect mercenaries, and that we don't assume we know how a player will perform in the NHL based on his performance in camps, practices and the AHL. If we're not careful, we're going to end up with a couple of our favorite RFA's plus Veleno and Seider and this years pick in pretty much the same spot as Larkin/Mantha/etc are in right now, 5 years from now.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
I'm more concerned about his back injury than what his status is as a prospect.

ANybody get a chance to watch him since his return?
They said it was more than likely a hand injury after all. He's looked good. Really doesn't look out of place as the number 1 C on the Griffins which is saying a lot for a 20 year old. People sleep on him because he's a big guy but there's clearly a toolkit that warrants a 9th overall pick. He's almost averaging a point per game and with the rest of the season to develop I wouldn't be surprised if he's bouncing between Detroits 2 and 3 c next year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

"because of the dumb CHL rule?"

more like because he played 62 games in the NHL....

ask yourself this,would you have called him a prospect in the middle of the year last year? I don't see you whining about Zadina who has a much more tenuous claim on not being a prospect anymore than Rasmussen did then

do you think prospects should be able to just dance in and out of being prospects?

Last edited:

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Voted Smith since he's the best known quantity on this list and is already doing well with the big club. Wish I could vote for Berg or that Svetch wasn't even on the list, but their injuries are putting a big dampener for me.
Exactly the reason I voted for Smith.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What back injury? Didn't he have a concussion first, and then something in the hand?

They said it was more than likely a hand injury after all. He's looked good. Really doesn't look out of place as the number 1 C on the Griffins which is saying a lot for a 20 year old. People sleep on him because he's a big guy but there's clearly a toolkit that warrants a 9th overall pick. He's almost averaging a point per game and with the rest of the season to develop I wouldn't be surprised if he's bouncing between Detroits 2 and 3 c next year.
Back from injury, Michael Rasmussen is ready to resume a key...

Nagging back injury is what he said. Even without a subscription, you can read the 4th paragraph....

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If Givani is the 4th best prospect on this team, this team is gonna suck for a few more years. What's worse is that I can't argue that he isn't. Can't complain about Seider, but #2 is struggling to adapt to the AHL so he's a couple of years away and #3 is coming off a shoulder surgery.

This team needs to win the lottery 3 years in a row just to be mediocre.... 4 years from now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad