GDT: Red Wings @ Kraken 2/19/2024 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Beniers

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Love interconference games where teams sort of just let it go to overtime since the other team getting a point doesn't affect them.

Also: love getting a point here. Let's get another.

Reactions: The Marquis

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Just watched the replay. Great that we came back to make a game of it in the third, something that we haven't done as much this year as we did last. Not so great that we didn't get the second point--these wasted opportunities are biting us in the ass fighting for a playoff. I thought Lyon was unconscious on some of those saves, especially in the first two periods. With a last name like that, though, I'd rather he play for the football team.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The point is nice, but….
So many blown opportunities this season to collect more. The Kraken coulda shoulda woulda been solidly in a playoff spot.

Welcome to the world of a playoff bubble team without an insane shooting percentage.

You're going to win games against the top teams and have a rush of emotions, just to lose to the worst teams and ask yourself WTF was that.

And then there's the in between where you're just not scoring enough or give up that one stupid goal which prevents you from actually making the playoffs but still drafting 14th OVR.

I'm curious to see if Francis does anything at all at the TDL and what his decisions are regarding our aging core and most of them becoming UFA's within the next 18 months.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Only caught the highlights for this one, kinda felt like Lyon was absolutely out of his mind (especially in the 1st) and that Daccord maybe should have had that first Red Wings goal.

I dunno, I wasnt super impressed by the defense on the overtime goal. Beniers got caught in a little too low, letting Chiarot pinch. Meanwhile Bjorkstrand hops off the bench for a change and just sort of glides into no-mans-land halfway between the Red Wing on the point and Chiarot. It'd be one thing if it was at the end of a looooooong OT shift, but Bjorkstrand literally just hopped on?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I dunno, I wasnt super impressed by the defense on the overtime goal. Beniers got caught in a little too low, letting Chiarot pinch. Meanwhile Bjorkstrand hops off the bench for a change and just sort of glides into no-mans-land halfway between the Red Wing on the point and Chiarot. It'd be one thing if it was at the end of a looooooong OT shift, but Bjorkstrand literally just hopped on?

It's just man defense.

Bjorkstrand is obviously going to be responsible for the high defender. Beniers is on Larkin. Larsson takes Raymond. The issue was that Dunn also went to Larkin, who was already covered, and didn't pick up Chiarot.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3