Helene St. James Red Wings' Henrik Zetterberg on future: 'If I’m not healthy, it’s over'

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
This screams Z setting up a future LTIR. Maybe he regrets the comments he made in that Swedish paper, and this is his way of shifting his exit to being about his injuries and not cap circumvention.

Reactions: BinCookin

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Just give us 1 more year is all I ask. Let Larkin develop a bit more of a voice in the locker room, and hit 1000 points. after that if your back "hurts too much" I will sadly understand.

Reactions: TheMule93

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I imagine his health will
Magically deteriorate as soon as his salary drops to 1 million or whatever it is

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
i think he already made decision . To bad i was hopping to see him with Pavel 1 more year

Reactions: Flowah

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
My guess is that he plays one more year, then goes LTIR. Like the article says, then he and Kronwall (and Nyquist) all leave in the same year, and Larkin is about ready for the C.

And I don't know whether being 43 points away from 1000 is a motivator, but it doesn't hurt to have as a cherry on the sundae.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Helene is an odd bird. Have no idea why she would publish an article based on an out of context response from Z. Obviously if he's not healthy he'll quit. But last game Fox Sports went to lengths to reiterate Zetterberg has not intention of retiring after this season.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Helene is an odd bird. Have no idea why she would publish an article based on an out of context response from Z. Obviously if he's not healthy he'll quit. But last game Fox Sports went to lengths to reiterate Zetterberg has not intention of retiring after this season.

Didnt he say he plans on playing 1 more year? I think this is to set up him going on LTIR.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Final 3 games of the season for Zetterberg had him with 6 points and a +3. All in losses. At least our captain has still got it. He's played every game the past 3 seasons. I fully expect him to get to 1,000 points next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad