GDT: Red Wings @ Florida Panthers - 7:00 EST - FSD

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Got bailed out for two periods by the goalie then made it a fun 3rd and OT. The Panthers must be kicking themselves right now. They should've had this game.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Winning is always bittersweet with this team. Wanna watch a game they win, but they're so far away from contending and I'd rather watch Dahlin in a Winged Wheel

Reactions: Heaton

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Can the playoffs be the shootout?

We’d have been back to back cup champs by now who cares about pitt

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Stanley

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
What is that 11 in a row now? Is that some sort of record?

I wonder if someone can search that as it seems to be hard to find.

Either way who would’ve guessed this team who under babs was pretty awful in the shootout would be doing this good in them

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

Either way who would’ve guessed this team who under babs was pretty awful in the shootout would be doing this good in them

It must be a record for consecutive SO wins. The closest thing I can find is Edmonton winning 15 of 19 in one season, but I doubt those were consecutive.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well the Yotes lost again to the Devils tonight. And you know the Flyers will beat them Monday night. So that leaves them with us Tues. at LCA to get their first win. It will happen against us I'm afraid. Book it!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Well the Yotes lost again to the Devils tonight. And you know the Flyers will beat them Monday night. So that leaves them with us Tues. at LCA to get their first win. It will happen against us I'm afraid. Book it!

1 point what a sight to behold

Don’t expect a loss until the day we play them though. I doubt they win two in a row but I wouldn’t be surprised

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
How are the Yotes so bad...they added Stephan, Hjalmarsson and Raanta. They have OEL.

Would've been better if we lost tonight cause DAHLIN but we had a nice losing streak there. Teams behind us have few games in hand. Habs and Oil will put it together. NJ, Vancouver and Vegas have all had good starts. Colorado doesn't look disasterous out the gate.

Buffalo, Carolina, NYR and Florida just need to win more than us.

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014

Last year I figured Nielsen and Vanek would greatly improve our shootout results, though it ended up being well beyond what I expected. And with Vanek's departure I wasn't so sure it would continue. Still, a bit of s--t stuck to a wall so I'll give myself credit for throwing it.

Of course under Babs, the futility in the shootout was usually the difference between starting at home or on the road in the playoffs; now they'll be the difference between picking in a lottery slot or in the 10-12 range, so in that sense, within the pessimistic mindset, it seems almost completely predictable that we'd run the table in them at the worst possible time.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
AA didn't celebrate enough after his goal, he clearly is lacking in team spirit and is an obvious detriment to the attitude of the locker room

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
How are the Yotes so bad...they added Stephan, Hjalmarsson and Raanta. They have OEL.

Would've been better if we lost tonight cause DAHLIN but we had a nice losing streak there. Teams behind us have few games in hand. Habs and Oil will put it together. NJ, Vancouver and Vegas have all had good starts. Colorado doesn't look disasterous out the gate.

Buffalo, Carolina, NYR and Florida just need to win more than us.

It's likely we'll finish bottom two or three in the East. Not sure how the West is going to go, but looks like the Yotes have the tanking head start of the century.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad