Red Wings best young player voting - #3

Red Wings 3rd most potential young player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We had this going on january....

...so let's continue it.

Who's the most POTENTIAL young player ? Not a prospect.

Limit for this voting is waiver eligibility.

1. RD - Moritz Seider - 42.4%
2. RW - Filip Zadina - 50.0%

1 vote and propose an add.

What to do with Svechnikov, he was still waiver eligible, but isn't at next season. Should we include him?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Can make a serious case for Hronek at 1. He might be the best player right now on this list. The other two have more potential and higher ceilings.

Hronek. Easy. I'm not sure he should be on this list being he's basically established now as a starter and not really a prospect.

Conversation will get good with Veleno/Lidstrom/Cholowski.

* We need to talk about Antti Tuomisto as a real prospect too.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So is this based on how good these guys are now, or just who has the most potential?

The way this is worded is a little hard to follow.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Word "POTENTIAL" is mentioned on the question.

You also have this
Red Wings best young player voting
in the title....

(might be a translation thing, I'm just trying to understand the criteria better)

Last edited:
Reactions: ricky0034

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Who's the most POTENTIAL young player ? Not a prospect.

Limit for this voting is waiver eligibility.

What so hard to understand in here? Same "potential" is mentioned in the poll question.

It not a translation thing.

It could be my personal attitude of view things - thing.

Because this is "Hockey's Future" message board, it basicly means that we are predicting - hockey's future - in here. Red Wings' future in this case. So every discussion for me is POTENTIAL about everything. How would it be in the future. Not right now. I'm quite sure if I want to make a poll, who is the the current best young player RIGHT NOW, I include it on the question.

But in general, for me, this board and this discussion is always planning ahead. Discussing about the potentials and futures. Especially now in a rebuild. It's like a stock market. Who is gonna go up or down. What's the best future value etc.

Sorry if we think different way. Maybe I'm the extremist in here.

Last edited:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Are we talking about players like they are potential, instead of saying they have possession of the potential? I like it. Dehumanize them and make them machines!

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Can make a serious case for Hronek at 1. He might be the best player right now on this list. The other two have more potential and higher ceilings.

Hronek. Easy. I'm not sure he should be on this list being he's basically established now as a starter and not really a prospect.

Conversation will get good with Veleno/Lidstrom/Cholowski.

* We need to talk about Antti Tuomisto as a real prospect too.

I think Lidstrom would win this pretty easily. :)

Seriously, I'm not sure Cholo deserves being mentioned there right now. I have really not been enamored with his game, and he doesn't seem to be progressing a whole lot.

Reactions: Snuggs and 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Voted Veleno, only because I didn't realize Hronek was on the list.

Same here.

Seriously, I'm not sure Cholo deserves being mentioned there right now. I have really not been enamored with his game, and he doesn't seem to be progressing a whole lot.

Good point on both remarks. Lidstrom would easily blow away the whole competition, even at the age of 50 (btw I think he is going to turn 50 this month)

And yes, cholo is completely lost there.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Are we talking about players like they are potential, instead of saying they have possession of the potential? I like it. Dehumanize them and make them machines!

Potential can be negative. Like many predicted Abdelkader contract will be bad, and they were right.

"Planning ahead" -discussion is the one I like most, expecially.

But of course, there is place for "right now" -discussion. That also will be more interesting on days when the team is good again.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

hahahah good catch, but you get my drift right?

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I couldn't find the the threads for #1 and #2. Am really surprised the Seider only had 42.4% of the first place votes and I would have voted for Hronek at #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad