GDT: Red Wings at Penguins | December 28, 2022 at 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left handed

May 8, 2018
Any chance Vrana will be in the lineup? Also, what's going on with the rescheduling? Is it weather related?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
How has Pius Suter been for you guys this year? He someone you would be looking to keep or move?

Left handed

May 8, 2018
How has Pius Suter been for you guys this year? He someone you would be looking to keep or move?
10 pts in 31 games played (.32 pts per game), so his counting stats are very 'meh'. From an observation perspective, nothing has stood out about his performance this year to me. He's mostly invisible.

It looks like he's mostly slotting in as a 3C with Bertuzzi and Vrana still out. Rasmussen would normally slot in as our 3C (.5 pts per game). With Veleno handedly carrying the responsibilities on the 4th line, it seems that Suter is more of a depth guy at this point. As a 3C, his cap hit isn't terrible ($3.25 MM), but Ras is making about half that ($1.46 MM) if you're considering cap efficiency. Certainly not a critical component. I could see him being dealt at the deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: SEALBound

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
10 pts in 31 games played (.32 pts per game), so his counting stats are very 'meh'. From an observation perspective, nothing has stood out about his performance this year to me. He's mostly invisible.

It looks like he's mostly slotting in as a 3C with Bertuzzi and Vrana still out. Rasmussen would normally slot in as our 3C (.5 pts per game). With Veleno handedly carrying the responsibilities on the 4th line, it seems that Suter is more of a depth guy at this point. As a 3C, his cap hit isn't terrible ($3.25 MM), but Ras is making about half that ($1.46 MM) if you're considering cap efficiency. Certainly not a critical component. I could see him being dealt at the deadline.
Pretty much. The one thing that he does particularly well that routinely catches my eye is he has great hand-eye coordination and gets his stick on opposing passes a LOT. Especially on the PK.

And then sometimes he has a really good puck retrieval shift to keep offense alive, like last game. But that is pretty rare.

I'd look to see if a team needs a depth center at the deadline. I definitely wouldn't extend him unless he takes a 4th line salary.

Reactions: Henkka
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Any chance Vrana will be in the lineup? Also, what's going on with the rescheduling? Is it weather related?
I live in Ottawa....

It's pretty ugly out. We had snow overnight, some freezing rain in the morning, then it rained a bunch. Now the temperature is plummeting fast, it's snowing again and they are worried about a "flash freeze". Schools are all closed today too, may as well play it safe before the holidays officially begin.

Personally I'm extremely happy the game was postponed, because I don't think I could have made my way to rink.

Reactions: Left handed

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Suter is pretty steady defensively, and he occasionally makes a good-not-great play with the puck offensively, but the latter is pretty infrequent. Meanwhile, he's weak as a noodle and loses every puck battle, every physical battle. Sometimes he'll even pull up in a race for the puck near the boards and cede possession to the other team.

Suter provides a little center depth, especially if you want to see Ras on the wing, but he's far from a difference-maker of any kind. Hopefully he's dealt at the deadline, assuming there's any interest in him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We are so "lucky", only 2 games postponed and 1 of them had to be us.
Well by Feb we'll have Vrana, Fabbri, and Bert back so it benefits the team. (Plus Luff and Hagg but neither will be playing)

Suter is pretty steady defensively, and he occasionally makes a good-not-great play with the puck offensively, but the latter is pretty infrequent. Meanwhile, he's weak as a noodle and loses every puck battle, every physical battle. Sometimes he'll even pull up in a race for the puck near the boards and cede possession to the other team.

Suter provides a little center depth, especially if you want to see Ras on the wing, but he's far from a difference-maker of any kind. Hopefully he's dealt at the deadline, assuming there's any interest in him.
We might see the Guelph line again when Fabbri & Bert come back.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
giphy.gif

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Well by Feb we'll have Vrana, Fabbri, and Bert back so it benefits the team. (Plus Luff and Hagg but neither will be playing)

And we have no idea what injuries will be there in February

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I like this random guy talking up our guys.

I'm confident in a win, they came off a high scoring game and had a long break, I think they are gonna take this one tonight, 5-3. LGW!

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Bultman is saying they'll have to make goalies decisions, can't carry 3 when Vrana and Fabbri are back.
And Ned hasn't played in 3 weeks.
Fun times.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Tonight Detroit with it's 3-5 and 2 record over its last ten games is hosted by Pittsburgh and their 7-2 and 1 record. That Penguins' record may put some of us in mind of an old TV commercial for a Firestone tire that claimed its tires benefitted from steel belting that was "seven around two, wrapped by one". Now we can't say whether the winged wheel is a Firestone or not, but as we begin the second third of the season with some long-injured players getting very close to the ice, we can anticipate that the Red Wings can show the resilience of a steel belted radial." - Plausible Keats

(I'm out for this one fellas. Geeky game night. LGRW!)

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
All I care about during this game is that someone gets under Cry Babies skin. I hate Sidney so much for his stolen cup win in 09 that I wouldn’t mind someone putting him down. FFFF the pens. Hate that franchise. Remember when the NHL saved them? They should be the Kansas City Blades, instead they were revived by that fraud, Bettman

Wings 5
cry babies 0

Let’s roll

Ps I’m drunk

Merry new year folks

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
All I care about during this game is that someone gets under Cry Babies skin. I hate Sidney so much for his stolen cup win in 09 that I wouldn’t mind someone putting him down. FFFF the pens. Hate that franchise. Remember when the NHL saved them? They should be the Kansas City Blades, instead they were revived by that fraud, Bettman

Wings 5
cry babies 0

Let’s roll

Ps I’m drunk

Merry new year folks
I also harbor a burning hate from 2009...NHL changing the schedule to not let the injured wings rest, Malkin not getting suspended for jumping Z at the end of game 2, the penguins having 30 seconds of too many men on the ice that wasnt called in game 3....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad