GDT: Red Wings at Flames 7PM SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Not a pretty game on the defensive side of the puck. Have to clean that up big time tomorrow night and going forward. Good to see the guys keep fighting back offensively, though. Depth scoring. Good stuff. Big 2 points!

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Bennett with 2 goals and an assist.

tenor.gif
You were peeking into a parallel universe where Bennett scored the open net.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Bad news is that if we play like that tomorrow night we're gonna have another thing coming. Edmonton has scraped together a few wins and is actually, legitimately in contention for a playoff spot again. They're gonna be hungry and if the Flames keep passing to nobody and tripping over themselves in their own zone we are gonna get screwed.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames played like crap tonight.

But on the bright side...

Real nice to see the Flames 2nd PP unit score tonight. Going into tonight they only had 5 of the 37 PP goals. Now they have 8.
Also glad to see Neal finally get rewarded. 1 goal and 1 assist. Bennett was awesome too. 2 goals and 1 assist.

I guess Neal and Benny will be buying the steaks tonight.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Flames played like crap tonight.

But on the bright side...

Real nice to see the Flames 2nd PP unit score tonight. Going into tonight they only had 5 of the 37 PP goals. Now they have 8.
Also glad to see Neal finally get rewarded. 1 goal and 1 assist. Bennett was awesome too. 2 goals and 1 assist.

I guess Neal and Benny will be buying the steaks tonight.

They bought their team two points, that should suffice. Brodie owes everybody a steak.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I believe Bennett's moustache might be some kind of sentient alien life form that's taken over Sam Bennett's body and makes him clutch as hell, much like Venom from the Marvel comics/movies. If that's the case I'm completely fine with it.
Have you ever read the Bible story about Samson and Delilah? Samson got his great strength from his long hair. Sam... Samson...
See the connection? Fingers crossed there's no Delilah hanging about.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fyi... Johnny now has a 10 game scoring steak on the go.
21 pts in 10 games.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
One thing i noticed was backlund stopped getting special teams time, hes not on the pp anymore but more surprisingly hes sparsely used on the pk too. Him and frolik are prob the 3 line on the pk now

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
One thing i noticed was backlund stopped getting special teams time, hes not on the pp anymore but more surprisingly hes sparsely used on the pk too. Him and frolik are prob the 3 line on the pk now

The second line was sparsely used tonight. Maybe with an eye to one Conrad Mcdouglas tomorrow?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I thought Benny's 2nd goal was offside for sure (I think Hrudey even said it was offside) and I thought the Flames got away with one.
It wasn't. Here's a screen grab of the play the moment Benny crosses the blue line. As you can see the puck has been in the zone for some time before Benny cleared the blue line. You can see the puck (that little black dot) right in front of the Wings player's toe.
The linesman made the right call.

BENNETT GOAL.jpg

Khrox

May 31, 2018
(I'm a dejected Caps fan looking for another team to start following. And I have a brother from Calgary so always liked the Flames).

Almost same. I'm a Flames fan, but the Caps are my eastern team. Huge Ovi fan. Hopefully you enjoy your stay here.

Reactions: Janks and Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad