OT: Red Sox/MLB 2015 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Haha please tell me you guys heard whoever said "shouldn't have wasted his bleeping challenge". Hilarious if that was a sox player

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
He had a beef.

Farrell knows he is gone - It is not his fault but the troika has to do something to appease this fanbase.

I think the fan base knows it not Farrell‘s fault so why fire him. Just takes the heat off the owners and management temporarily. I realize they will probably fire him.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I have no idea how this gets fixed before 2017. Too many untradable multi-year contracts. They may have to ride out the storm like the Phillies are doing right now with their mistake contracts

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Does it matter that this team would suck with any manager when THIS manager has them playing uninspired, fundamentally lousy baseball?

I feel like all this talk of CJ-PC blame on this board has people overevaluating this stuff now. If the Bruins were guilty of the lack of effort and professionalism that this team seems to be, CJ would have been an easy fire. John Farrell has this team playing lousy baseball and it's not getting any better. I'm not sure how there's any defense for that, regardless of the quality of his roster.

Last night alone Napoli botches a couple simple plays and one kills them. On another he shorthopped Swihart at the plate on an out that would have been a run were it not for a great play by Swihart. A relief pitcher walked in a run. They swung at first pitches and hit into key double plays on them, again. It's crappy baseball. And accountability would go a long way towards stopping it, and I think that is largely on the manager. Firing him isn't going to turn this season around, but that's not the point. They need to take steps forward and he's not helping them, clearly.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Does it matter that this team would suck with any manager when THIS manager has them playing uninspired, fundamentally lousy baseball?

I feel like all this talk of CJ-PC blame on this board has people overevaluating this stuff now. If the Bruins were guilty of the lack of effort and professionalism that this team seems to be, CJ would have been an easy fire. John Farrell has this team playing lousy baseball and it's not getting any better. I'm not sure how there's any defense for that, regardless of the quality of his roster.

Last night alone Napoli botches a couple simple plays and one kills them. On another he shorthopped Swihart at the plate on an out that would have been a run were it not for a great play by Swihart. A relief pitcher walked in a run. They swung at first pitches and hit into key double plays on them, again. It's crappy baseball. And accountability would go a long way towards stopping it, and I think that is largely on the manager. Firing him isn't going to turn this season around, but that's not the point. They need to take steps forward and he's not helping them, clearly.

To recycle a classic question in the CJ-PC threads, if we fire Farrell, who do we replace him with?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
To recycle a classic question in the CJ-PC threads, if we fire Farrell, who do we replace him with?

This is a lost season, obviously. And every baseball season we see 1-2 managers (or more) get canned and replaced either by a name we know, a bench coach, a minor league manager, anyone. In this case I'd argue change for change's sake is good. They could hardly try less, lose more, or look more lethargic and less fundamentally sound than they do now.

So as poorly thought out as it sounds, I think the answer is anyone. Maybe Lovullo? Disarcina? Gardenhire? My gardner? You? I don't think it matters. But it does matter that the organization as a whole decides to take some action because this has gone on too long.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i'm fine with hanley but signing that tub of goo to a big money deal was a complete mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad