Red Line's top goaltenders for 2007

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Englage over Gistedt, Lafleur, Mucha etc is a joke. He's huge but he lacks alot and he looks like Napolean Dynamite lol

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
hahah.. engelage is very tall, but very lanky, which i guess does not matter much for a goalie.. his hair resembles napoleon dynamites but in person he doesnt really look like him... i think scouts are projecting him to be good and they are probably right, but he just plays on a team that happens to have weak defense that lets in 6ish goals every game

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
An interesting read as always. He ranks Owuya yet he does manage to make him sound like a pretty unattractive prospect. And although he puts Smith first, you get the sense he might take Patterson instead. Patterson is getting some big praise from credible people. I will watch with interest where he goes.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Interesting that Reid Ellingson wasn't listed, not sure why he didn't do a top ten.

00Sexay

May 25, 2007
It's incredible how different Red Line's rankings are compared other credible sources. Ironically, they've gone down hill ever since the NHL took out the red line...

X-SHARKIE

An interesting read as always. He ranks Owuya yet he does manage to make him sound like a pretty unattractive prospect. And although he puts Smith first, you get the sense he might take Patterson instead. Patterson is getting some big praise from credible people. I will watch with interest where he goes.

He's number one on my list (Patterson), and I would take him in the first round.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
yah sexsmith is awseome, he is better then smith that is for sure, the guy did not even start for his team at the mem cup how they he*l is he rated #1.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
RLR goes nutso over Kevin Patterson as their #2 ranked goalie--yet he is only #12 on the NA goalies list of centtral Scouting--Somebody is way off? Whose more correct? Who knows for certain..it is a crap shoot...

My own view is that Antoine Lafleur willbe one of the 2 best galies taken this draft --who the other guy is I have no idea...that RLR did not have Lafleur in their top ten is shocking and plain wrong..

albathegreat*

Anyone have any input on Scott Darling?

I know he is not top 10 but anyone want to take a guess on his future?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
RLR goes nutso over Kevin Patterson as their #2 ranked goalie--yet he is only #12 on the NA goalies list of centtral Scouting--Somebody is way off? Whose more correct? Who knows for certain..it is a crap shoot...

My own view is that Antoine Lafleur willbe one of the 2 best galies taken this draft --who the other guy is I have no idea...that RLR did not have Lafleur in their top ten is shocking and plain wrong..

How can anyone take your opinion seriously if you can't even spell a player's name correctly? It's KENT Patterson. Besides, if there's anything the scouting services seem to be in agreement about, it's that this is an extremely weak year for goaltending. Anything can and probably will happen.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
Anyone have any input on Scott Darling?

I know he is not top 10 but anyone want to take a guess on his future?

All I know is what I read on a piece of paper. The piece of paper I read said 6'6 Instead of the 6'5 Redline Report had him at. Wanting to think the best of people I'll put him at 6'6. Goalies---if you can't get a good 'un, get a big 'un.

Also, some may take exception at his being in the EJHL. Which , if I read www.usahockey.com correctly is USA tier 3. What team? Maybe the Washington Junior Capitals,like that. That may give some pause.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
All I know is what I read on a piece of paper. The piece of paper I read said 6'6 Instead of the 6'5 Redline Report had him at. Wanting to think the best of people I'll put him at 6'6. Goalies---if you can't get a good 'un, get a big 'un.

Also, some may take exception at his being in the EJHL. Which , if I read www.usahockey.com correctly is USA tier 3. What team? Maybe the Washington Junior Capitals,like that. That may give some pause.

He plays for Capital District, according to my file. Not so sure that the EJHL is "tier 3." My sense is that the USHL is the top juniour league in the USA and that the NAHL and EJHL would likely come next. Not sure how the level of those leagues compares to Minnesota High School or Detroit Compuware or teams like that.

Hotstreak

Jul 18, 2005
Englage over Gistedt, Lafleur, Mucha etc is a joke. He's huge but he lacks alot and he looks like Napolean Dynamite lol

Don't be surprised to see Engelage taken by Dallas at some point, I hear they're high on him.

Leif

Aug 19, 2005
Seattle
Dawling is heading to the University of Maine to back up fellow huge goalie Ben Bishop. So he will be going to a school that has a good track record with goalie development and he faced 60+ shots consistently in the EJHL. This league has produced second round talent, Edmonton drafted colin something from it.

albathegreat*

Dawling is heading to the University of Maine to back up fellow huge goalie Ben Bishop. So he will be going to a school that has a good track record with goalie development and he faced 60+ shots consistently in the EJHL. This league has produced second round talent, Edmonton drafted colin something from it.

Thanks for the news on Darling everyone :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad