Recommend a city builder for iOS

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I was a big fan back in the day of the original SimCity and SimCity 2000. Looking for something in that spirit to play on my iPad, which should be an ideal platform for it.

But it’s harder to find than I thought. The official SimCity game for iOS (Buildit) is complete crap. All countdown timers and micro transactions. Completely different than classic SimCity. Even worse, it’s so riddled with ads as to be practically unplayable.

Other city-building sims for iOS seem to be similarly infested with micro transactions.

That’s not what I’m looking for. I just want the classic experience. I don’t care if I have to pay for the game upfront, but I don’t want one where the gameplay is compromised by micro transactions.

Any suggestions?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I got you for sure. Two options, both $4 US with no micro transactions after the initial purchase. First is Pocket City. I found it to be a little shallow, but still a very fun city builder.

Next option is Theotowns. This is also $4 but very in depth and a lot more micro managing than Pocket City. If you’re very experienced in city builders I would recommend this over Pocket City. If you’re new to them like I was it might be a bit overwhelming at times like it was for me. Highly recommend either game.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I find that if you're looking for a classic experience, emulating them directly on your phone is still the most effective method instead of looking for alternatives. Sim City 2000 has been released on tons of platforms that have been emulated for Mobile phones.

Edit: Oh wait... iOS.... not sure about how difficult that makes things.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I got you for sure. Two options, both $4 US with no micro transactions after the initial purchase. First is Pocket City. I found it to be a little shallow, but still a very fun city builder.

Next option is Theotowns. This is also $4 but very in depth and a lot more micro managing than Pocket City. If you’re very experienced in city builders I would recommend this over Pocket City. If you’re new to them like I was it might be a bit overwhelming at times like it was for me. Highly recommend either game.

Wow - Theotown was EXACTLY the kind of thing I was looking for.

Thanks!

Reactions: 542365

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad