Post-Game Talk: Recast Tippett

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Welp. Gut check time.

McDavid is gonna get 3-5 from the league. We’re gonna need all hands on deck to make sure this 2 game losing streak doesn’t spiral into 5 or 6 games.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers should just keep lapping up Toronto's sloppy seconds, the only good players they ever sign are ex-Leafs (Hyman, Barrie, Ceci). Our pro scouting might as well just go on vacation in Hawaii. Campbell next?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Yeah its up to tippett to motivate a pro hockey player.

What about all the 'character' players holland brought in to combat this?

Oh and yes koskinen does suck, he gave up his usual awful garbage goal he does once every two games and the team just sags.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Calm down. It was a 2-1 game and the Oilers were pressing till McDavid took a dumb penalty.
Did you see the way he ‘broke in’ 2on1 with Nurse? No f***ing clue what to do. I know bantam players that would have played that better. Ryan is awful.

Not even going to stick around for this thread tonight. The usuals will be putting their arms out of joint patting themselves on the back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Welp. Gut check time.

McDavid is gonna get 3-5 from the league. We’re gonna need all hands on deck to make sure this 2 game losing streak doesn’t spiral into 5 or 6 games.

Good to have some adversity now than coasting all regular season at least. Tippett needs to finally f***ing address the slow starts and the team needs to learn to play against a trap.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
we need our regular D back n ehalthy to reinsert the veteran presence on the ice

plus we're really missing Ceci's and Keith's ability to move the puck against teams that are good at clogging up center ice

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
Well, it's nice that it took until game 22 before I knew for sure we were gonna lose before the final whistle blew. I've not forgotten when going down 0-2 meant switching to audio only and freeing up a couple hours of the night, so I'll not look past the fact this is the first time that this was the case all year so far.

sXqbZDa.png

TePtZ1x.png

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
And all these bottom 6 players were good before they ended up on a team coached by Tippett.

Foegele was the only player in our bottom 6 who was good last year.

Sceviour? Ryan? Perlini? Benson? Shore? Kassian? McLeod? Turris?

Those are guys who lost their jobs on other teams, were in the AHL or had already lost their spot in the NHL.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Tippet showed more emotion on bench than ever! Only took a bad hit from McDavid to do it. I fear McDavid will be suspended because NHL

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
McDavid is going to sit for the next three games. The league will want him back fresh for the Leafs game.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Team needed a reality check. Tonight may be a good thing. Optimistic take

I guess we’ll see how they respond

Pessimistic take. We’ve played like this quite often this year. Result finally flipped
Nah they'll continue playing down to their opponents while relying heavily on the powerplay to save them. Team has been doing that for a couple seasons now.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Plus, a possible McDavid suspension incoming. They would have been better off just forfeiting the game before it started. An absolute embarrassment.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lets be honest, some of us saw this coming.

The team has been playing with fire all season with slow starts, awful defensive play, getting nothing from the depth players, getting unsustainable goaltending from a mediocre goalie. They've been outplayed the vast majority of games so it was only a matter of time until some losses started happening and the toughest part of the schedule is yet to come. If they don't change something, this could team could be hard pressed to even finish top 3 in the division. They probably will finish top 3 but I don't know.

I've been against it but a coaching change might be in order like what the Hawks did in 2010. This team isn't even remotely close to as good as that team anyway but something is off about this team and I use the term "TEAM" loosely because it's basically McDrai and some guys but they need something to spark them.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah its up to tippett to motivate a pro hockey player.

What about all the 'character' players holland brought in to combat this?

Oh and yes koskinen does suck, he gave up his usual awful garbage goal he does once every two games and the team just sags.

Maybe our friend kevy was right then? If we can’t blame the coach for having the players start on time and put in a consistent effort (lmfao), maybe it’s the leadership culture

lol lol lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad