Recall "Clawhammer" Claesson

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Claesson isn't rushed. He's had 4 years in Bingo. We just don't have room for him until someone is traded/waived or injured. I think we see him back soon though.

Claesson is only 23 years old, but I agree he hasn't been rushed, but being thrown into the games on the top pairing was definitely a huge challenge for for him.

However I thought overall he handled himself well, definitely has the potential to be an NHL player.

He was probably reassigned because the Sens wanted to get Cowen back in the line-up and to save budget dollars.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'd call him up and play him instead of Wiercioch. If we're not playing Wier on the PP, he's pretty much useless as he's not putting up points 5 on 5.

Claesson can PK, so he would be there instead of Karlsson.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I'd call him up and play him instead of Wiercioch. If we're not playing Wier on the PP, he's pretty much useless as he's not putting up points 5 on 5.

Claesson can PK, so he would be there instead of Karlsson.

..ya, that's all we need is for EK to get hurt blocking shots & miss 10 games

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No offence, but "Clawhammer" is among the worst nicknames I have ever heard. IMO.

It sounds bulky... Even Greg Valentine had the common sense to shorten it up to just "The Hammer", and Greg Valentine was not known for being particularly astute about anything.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I like how Freddy C has been brought along so far... got a taste of the bigs, and hopefully now knows what to work on in the A to improve his chances of sticking with the big club when an opportunity presents itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad