Recall "Clawhammer" Claesson

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
IMO our D needs to be quicker. Less Cowen & Wier. Claesson played well as EK's partner (Svenska?) and should be brought back. Then Methot could slot into 3rd D when he's healthy.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So what would need to happen for recall? Send DD back to make room...+

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Waive Cowen. Do it now
If anyone would take him we'd be very grateful. I heard Wilson at some point before the break hypothesizing (pre-game Buffalo I think) that he'd maybe bring back a 2nd. I think we'd give him away at this point.

Claesson has to show he can play up here and now is a good time to see what he can do. If we can find out now, we know what we have. He's had three AHL years so he should be ready. Sens need to know.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No point in rushing him. He did rather well earlier on.

Let him go back to the AHL and get ready for his next call up. This organisation has developed a disturbing tendency to rush players with Cowen, Lehner, Ceci and Lazar.

Looks like they finally caught on that rushing young players doesn't do anybody any good.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Claesson isn't rushed. He's had 4 years in Bingo. We just don't have room for him until someone is traded/waived or injured. I think we see him back soon though.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So..meanwhile we just keep playing Cowen?! Where's the upside there?

Last edited:

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I just just wrote up this big post on why claw hammers suck, but I'll just put this on record and save you all the tl;dr. Just know where I stand on claw hammers.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
better defensively than all our healthy lefties but he is in the AHL. Im not a NHL gm so what do I know...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Claesson isn't rushed. He's had 4 years in Bingo. We just don't have room for him until someone is traded/waived or injured. I think we see him back soon though.

He clearly wasn't ready for a full time NHL assignment.

He was called up and did well. "Good job kid, here's a pat on the back, we'll be in touch".

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
PW has been getting better. He's not great, but better, and actually did decent playing with EK. That may be our best option if PW and CC can't thrive together anymore --- PW-EK, MM-CC

Of course, we'd all prefer to trade for a top 6, but based on our current options, that may be the best.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
PW has been getting better. He's not great, but better, and actually did decent playing with EK. That may be our best option if PW and CC can't thrive together anymore --- PW-EK, MM-CC

Of course, we'd all prefer to trade for a top 6, but based on our current options, that may be the best.

I'm a PW fan...but think he should be on 3rd Dpair until he shows consistency. I think MM is an offensive drag on EK, since MM's 1st thought is "hot potato/rim it off boards into corner" -- so forecheckers can zero in 100% on EK

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
He clearly wasn't ready for a full time NHL assignment.

He was called up and did well. "Good job kid, here's a pat on the back, we'll be in touch".

If he did well then how was he not ready?

Their is too many overpaid players here on bad contracts(adding that to paying Greening), they have to make room for Claesson and there might be something in his game he can adjust in Bingo while the sens sort out the roster mess. I don't think they want to pay Greening+Cowen to play in the minors for next year but they might have to.

Last edited:

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
FACT: The Sens had the NHL's best CS/FG%# in high BVRT situations with Claesson in the lineup.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Its odd people are saying Claesson is being rushed. He's played 255 AHL games over 4 seasons, and before that played over 80 SEL games. So close to 350 games in top level pro leagues.

Its getting to the point that if he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it.
Obviously he could be sheltered from first line minutes but I'd love to see him back up.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
He looked good to me - better than what Wiercoch and Cowen have offered from the left side. It's just a matter of clearing some room for him and letting him get accustomed to the NHL level. A left side of Methot, Borocop and Claesson is not inspiring, but good enough to finish off the year. Addition by subtraction by moving Wiercoch and Cowen.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I thought Claesson looked like a minor leaguer. He may be no worse than Cowen but he's not likely to be a long term piece. I just don't think he's very good.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
No point in rushing him. He did rather well earlier on.

Let him go back to the AHL and get ready for his next call up. This organisation has developed a disturbing tendency to rush players with Cowen, Lehner, Ceci and Lazar.

Looks like they finally caught on that rushing young players doesn't do anybody any good.

Just like they rushed Hoffman, Stone and Zibanejad right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad