Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
I guess the league is so tired of NHL teams tanking (I'm looking at you Edmonton) That's why they spread put the odds on the 1st pick.

Leafs might not even get better than 5th pick and they are obviously tanking tho. All these rule changes to the lottery are not stopping NHL and NBA teams from ranking.

Can you imagine if a team like LA got it? Oh boy.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's crazy that even being dead last in the league, there's a 4 in 5 chance you WON'T get the 1st overall pick. Seems like they might've spread the lottery odds too much, although I suppose that helps us.

Bettman could do us a solid and rig the lottery without raising too many eyebrows. :naughty:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Toronto - McDavid
Arizona - Eichel

The Leaf fan base is rejuvenated and Arizona gets a lifeline for their franchise. Everyone wins.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So, tomorrow night, here is what we need

OTT win over MTL
EDM win over BOS

Only two games that matter to us.

Ottawa starting AHL goalie tomorrow and ECHL goalie as backup .....as both starters now out.

CG14

Aug 15, 2010
Halifax
Olli Jokinen worries me, feels like in his haste to do his best to get out of this tire fire of a franchise he could do some Boyd Devereaux-esque damage. Trade him for a mid-round pick and lets move on with the tank

leafstilldeath*

Toronto - McDavid
Arizona - Eichel

The Leaf fan base is rejuvenated and Arizona gets a lifeline for their franchise. Everyone wins.

Sabres fans on suicide watch and Oiler fans throw themslves on the ice too shocked to even care about taking the jersey off to toss it on ice

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
That ugly 20 ROW stat the Leafs have could come back to bite us in any tiebreakers. Carolina and Arizona only have 16.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs need to deal Winnik. Make sure Kessel does not wake up the rest of the season. If we do this we should maintain 25th.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
How do we know McDavid is the real deal anyway? I mean there is a big difference between juniors and NHL..some players have trouble transitioning their dominant play to the NHL. Granted I haven't watched any of his games but still...why all the hype?

Is he going to be another Crosby that comes into the NHL at 18 and scores 100 points?

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
Olli Jokinen worries me, feels like in his haste to do his best to get out of this tire fire of a franchise he could do some Boyd Devereaux-esque damage. Trade him for a mid-round pick and lets move on with the tank

:laugh: I forgot about that year. Ugh. And the Martin Gerber acquisition. For once can't we just get lucky and bottom out. McDavid would be such a great player to build around.

leafstilldeath*

Habs will give you a point just like they did to us.

Habs will give 'em 2 points :crossfing

because Melnyk is a cheap SOB, pompous arrogant ***** and he absolutely without a shadow of a doubt SUCKS

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Leafs really want to tank they would trade Bernier and Reimer, call up Gibson and sign Glenn Healey as back up. We would have a good shot at Mcdavid.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
How do we know McDavid is the real deal anyway? I mean there is a big difference between juniors and NHL..some players have trouble transitioning their dominant play to the NHL. Granted I haven't watched any of his games but still...why all the hype?

Is he going to be another Crosby that comes into the NHL at 18 and scores 100 points?

Doubt we'll see someone score 100 points at 18 again unless scoring picks up drastically league wide. Pretty sure league scoring surged in Crosby's 1st season and has really declined since.

As for Mcdavid, apparently he's been the best player on the ice everywhere he went since he was 11-12 years old , you can see why there is hype.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Doesn't matter. Enjoy the process.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

McDavid is probably in conversation as one of the best prospects of all time. He is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad