Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Olli Jokinen pushing out a ton of great quotes, a lot of truth being said.

Sorry for all the tweets, but thought there was a lot of good stuff and Olli sounds like he really understands what needs to happen.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Sorry for all the tweets, but thought there was a lot of good stuff and Olli sounds like he really understands what needs to happen.

This guy is sure talking a lot. Makes up for Kessel I guess.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
hehe . Hitler Video

That has to be my favorite of those kinds of videos. Somehow him freaking out over everything is just awesome.

Although not sure there is a need for it on this topic. The Leafs are tanking spectacularly. Sure, they probably can't catch Buffalo/Edmonton at this point, but hey they can still get a good pick. And we can always pray that rigging the lotto will work for us this time :).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Olli understands what it's about, whether he has the ability to affect any change is another question.

It really goes to show how the young players who grew up during the Wilson era retool have no idea what being professional players is all about. Kessel, Bozak, Phaneuf, and the gang are the least professional group of Leafs that have ever been assembled.

If he survives the purge we'll need a few more veteran voices along with him to make sure the next generation of kids don't go sour.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

trade him quick before we make a playoff push! :sarcasm:

but seriously, please trade him to a contender, he's a good guy, want to see him win a cup

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Olli understands what it's about, whether he has the ability to affect any change is another question.

It really goes to show how the young players who grew up during the Wilson era retool have no idea what being professional players is all about. Kessel, Bozak, Phaneuf, and the gang are the least professional group of Leafs that have ever been assembled.

If he survives the purge we'll need a few more veteran voices along with him to make sure the next generation of kids don't go sour.

Think it's the exact same thing happening in Edmonton. You need those leaders and you need to have each player trust one another.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm sorry, I have heard all these lines from players before. You can't fool me. Olli is saying all the right things. Who knows maybe other GM's are watching and listening. He's a smart guy. Though I don't doubt his sincerity. He's playing for a contract or a deal to a playoff team.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
If Leafs really want to tank they would trade Bernier and Reimer, call up Gibson and sign Glenn Healey as back up. We would have a good shot at Mcdavid.

Novel way of shutting Healey the hell up. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad