TV: Reboot of the day--NYPD Blue

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
NYPD Blue Revival Twist: [Spoiler]'s Murder Sets Stage for New ABC Series

the (dark) twist at the center of the potential new series? The plot would find Theo trying to earn his detective shield and work in the 15th squad while… investigating his father’s murder. (R.I.P., Sipowicz Sr.!) Theo’s mom Sylvia Costas-Sipowicz (as played by Sharon Lawrence) also died tragically; she was shot and killed at the end of Season 6. Her final words to husband Andy were, “Take care of the baby.”

Interesting twist for the opening plot

Last edited:

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
A show like NYPD Blue can go on in different forms forever. Killing off Sipowitz is a bad idea. First, if he is still on the job he is well past the mandatory retirement age. Second, you would think ABC could have found a useful role for him on the show.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
A show like NYPD Blue can go on in different forms forever. Killing off Sipowitz is a bad idea. First, if he is still on the job he is well past the mandatory retirement age. Second, you would think ABC could have found a useful role for him on the show.

Dennis Franz has retired from acting. He is 73 years old and gave an interview a few years ago where he said something like "From the time a did my tour in vietnam til the time NYPD went off the air--I had no real time off. I was tired and wanted to take a break." He now lives in Idaho of all places

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
FYI

I was on an entertainment discussion board today and it was suggested that Bochco's son may shoot a "pilot" to keep the rights. It was suggested that we may get a few of these announcements regarding shows created by Steven B to ensure his family keeps the rights

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
FYI

I was on an entertainment discussion board today and it was suggested that Bochco's son may shoot a "pilot" to keep the rights. It was suggested that we may get a few of these announcements regarding shows created by Steven B to ensure his family keeps the rights

Is he going to do that with every show his Father created? Because if he is.......

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I never really ever caught much of this during its original run, so I just fired up episode one. I already know this show is good, hopefully I stick with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad