Trade: Rebels acquire the rights to Brandon Hickey

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
http://www.reddeerrebels.com/article/rebels-get-rights-to-brandon-hickey

The chances of Hickey leaving school to play in the WHL are low, but given the fact the Rebels will host the Memorial Cup, there's a slim chance he does come over. The Rebels are loading up, and if they can manage to land Hickey, they may be serious contenders to win the Mem Cup.

Brandon Hickey - 6'2 / 190 lbs
Drafted 3rd Round (64th overall) by Calgary in 2014
BU Stats: GP: 41 G: 6 A: 11 PTS: 17 PIMS: 18 P/M: +19

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why would the Flames have to sign him? At that point they probably would/should but I don't know why it would have any bearing on joining the WHL team that has his rights.

Sutter is at the WJC camp. Wonder if they had a chat about things. Thought the a Rebels D was set though, what they really need are forwards.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Why would the Flames have to sign him? At that point they probably would/should but I don't know why it would have any bearing on joining the WHL team that has his rights.

Sutter is at the WJC camp. Wonder if they had a chat about things. Thought the a Rebels D was set though, what they really need are forwards.

You are right. Just wouldn't make much sense for a player to leave NCAA without a guarantee of some sort of NHL shot.

arsmaster*

Apparently he told Mark Masters of TSN he's staying at BU. Too bad for Red Deer.

I think they need scoring more than defense anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad