Reaves incident with Grubauer/Graves MOD - NO Racial remarks allowed. (Suspended 2 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
But didn't you hear. Graves LAUGHED IN HIS FACE. That's so mean.

What's funny is he laughed at the clown that tried to come act tough. Vegas was trying to run guys all game and got sad they were getting outplayed in every facet of the game. Guess they don't remember the hit to the head on Byram earlier in the year?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Why does the Blues playoff success or lack there of have anything to do with Ryan Reaves in this instance?
Because they think I am defending Reaves because hes a former Blue. I could care less about Reaves or Captain Creampuff (Petro for those wondering). Both teams are dirty IMO who have headhunted Blues players all season. Mark Stone should have been suspended for his hit on Bozak, Jost should have been suspended for his on Bortuzzo.

The reality is that I simply do not see much going on here to warrant a suspension. That is playoff hockey and I love to see it.

On a side note, I will root for Vegas over them in this series simply because I can atleast respect Vegas in their capabilities to win without officiating feeding them 3 or 4 ridiculous PPs every night. Plus they did not interrupt our season 2 times like Colorado did. Has anyone ever seen a 9 minute PP before? Been watching hockey for a lonnnnnnnnng time and I have seen some brawls and stuff happen, never seen a 9 minute power play before.

index1

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hopefully for the Avs sake he doesn't get suspended. Trash bag player who just makes Vegas worse.

While I agree he makes Vegas worse when he's playing, he also makes Colorado worse if he goes up high like the moron he is on a guy like Makar or Girard and ends up knocking them out of the series.

Avs are clearly the much better team. We're better off just not having to deal with guy just running around trying to injure players, and instead getting a slightly less useless 4th liner, whatever loser that is that Vegas choses to play going forward.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Everyone (including me) makes the $5000 jokes and whatnot, but can the NHL seriously suspend Reaves for this without showing a clear double standard/inconsistency after the Wilson incident?

And in a similar vein, does Reaves back off a bit if Wilson gets even a game for his actions?

It's times like these that I'm disappointed we don't have time machines.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
This had a real change of being Bertuzzi-Moore scenario again, don't ever wanna see anything like that again. Lifetime ban from hockey rink please.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
To me there are two elements here:

1) Hitting a goalie in the head with his stick after the whistle. Like, come on. Aside from not being a hockey play whatsoever, hitting a goalie in the head is 100% out of bounds. Was it the most dangerous cheap shot ever, no, but it’s just totally over the line as far as The Code or whatever you want to call it.

2) Throwing Graves backwards to the ice and kneeling on his neck. This stuff goes into the same basket as Wilson on Panarin. Willfully putting a player in that kind of position is unacceptable. It’s asking for a Bertuzzi type incident where the guy gets seriously hurt and the legal system has to take action.

Between the two of them, those are ample cause for the league to put its foot down. But I said the same thing about Wilson and we saw what happened there, so I fully expect we will see this kind of thing continue to escalate until someone finally Matt Cookes the league into taking action.
1) ok thats fair, so give him 2 min and 10 min misconduct
2) i dont see that happening here tbh, i see a guy trying to start some shenanigans with graves and then a linesman and a avs player basically dogpile onto reaves which forced him onto the ice where graves was.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Everyone (including me) makes the $5000 jokes and whatnot, but can the NHL seriously suspend Reaves for this without showing a clear double standard/inconsistency after the Wilson incident?

And in a similar vein, does Reaves back off a bit if Wilson gets even a game for his actions?

They are similar, but the league does at least have the angle that Reaves is definitely going after a specific player. So am argument for intent can be made.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Doesn’t matter what you think. Vegas thought it was so they responded. Graves wasn’t laughing when Reaves was cross checking his goalie in the head and choking him out, that’s for sure.

No, he was laughing while looking up a the scoreboard when the horn sounded.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008

Yes, it was worse with the hit to the goalie’s head, premeditation, and the knee to the neck. You can make plausible arguments to justify a suspension here; you just might not want them to get reviewed by an independent arbitrator so you’d keep it less than 6 games.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

There's a possibility that it does change Reaves' actions but you are going to have to maintain a standard if you want players like that to have more control of their emotions. Thats why it is infuriating each time they miss an opportunity to seriously punish acts like this.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017

Has the league ever once cared about consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad