Reasons To Be Optimistic

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
This was a heart breaker of a series, but I can't help but be optimistic about this teams future. These are some of the reasons why I feel this run wasn't a one and done but rather an opening of our Stankey Cup window.
Here are some of the reasons why i am thrilled for our future.

-Galchenyuk has taken a huge leap in his development in the playoffs, he looked like a whole different player
-we have one of the top prospect pools in the league that will not only help us with our core but help as trading chips.
-The departure of dead weight, by deadweight I mean Murray,Bouillon, and to some extent Gio(could be back)
-Carey Price
-Marc Bergevin, I've honestly never been more comfortable having a gm make decisions then I am with him.

This is just a little sample of why i am excited to be a fan of this team. What are your reasons to be optimistic about this team? If you negative people want to make a list of why you aren't excited have at it.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
This was a heart breaker of a series, but I can't help but be optimistic about this teams future. These are some of the reasons why I feel this run wasn't a one and done but rather an opening of our Stankey Cup window.
Here are some of the reasons why i am thrilled for our future.

-Galchenyuk has taken a huge leap in his development in the playoffs, he looked like a whole different player
-we have one of the top prospect pools in the league that will not only help us with our core but help as trading chips.
-The departure of dead weight, by deadweight I mean Murray,Bouillon, and to some extent Gio(could be back)
-Carey Price
-Marc Bergevin, I've honestly never been more comfortable having a gm make decisions then I am with him.

This is just a little sample of why i am excited to be a fan of this team. What are your reasons to be optimistic about this team? If you negative people want to make a list of why you aren't excited have at it.

We still have Trevor Timmins. He found McDonagh (and Subban, Pacioretty, Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, and Tinordi). Hopefully he'll find another McDonagh--or at least after these playoffs he'll have final say again over the guy who drafted McCarron.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
We still have Trevor Timmins. He found McDonagh (and Subban, Pacioretty, Price, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, and Tinordi). Hopefully he'll find another McDonagh--or at least after these playoffs he'll have final say again over the guy who drafted McCarron.

wasn't timmins the guy who drated mccaron?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
REASONS TO BE HAPPY:
PK Subban:yo:
Price:yo:

GOALTENDING (bright present and future :handclap:):
Price
Tokarski
Fucale

PLAYOFF WARRIORS (build around them):
Subban, Price, Gallagher, Weaver (2 yr contract), Weise, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Eller, Tokarski, Pacioretty (on/off/on...will be dangerous if he gets really HOT in playoffs...patience), Tinordi (I have a feeling he'll be a major playoff warrior for us in near future), Gorges (on/off/on), White (hope to see this playoff warrior next playoffs' season).

FUTURE IS BRIGHT:
Tokarski
J.Tinordi
Beaulieu
Andrighetto
Lehkonen
De la Rose
Crisp
Ellis
McCarron

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
REASONS TO BE HAPPY:
PK Subban:yo:
Price:yo:

GOALTENDING (bright present and future :handclap:):
Price
Tokarski
Fucale

PLAYOFF WARRIORS (build around them):
Subban, Price, Gallagher, Weaver (2 yr contract), Weise, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Eller, Tokarski, Pacioretty (on/off/on...will be dangerous if he gets really HOT in playoffs...patience), Tinordi (I have a feeling he'll be a major playoff warrior for us in near future), Gorges (on/off/on), White (hope to see this playoff warrior next playoffs' season).

FUTURE IS BRIGHT:
Tokarski
J.Tinordi
Beaulieu
Andrighetto
Lehkonen
De la Rose
Crisp
Ellis
McCarron

That can you say at least about another 15 teams in NHL. FUTURE IS BRIGHT also for them. Only few of them will make it.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Subban
Price
Galchenyuk
Weise
Patches
Eller
Gallagher
Beaulieu

I think the players above are who I am positive about going forward. I wish the prospect pool was better, but there are a few players (notably Tinordi and De La Rose) who look like they can contribute soon.

Let's see what the draft and the offseason brings for the Habs.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I really like McCarron game. He will be appreciated in 4-5 years when he is with the big club.
As for finding a McDonagh... Good luck!
Bennett is the only defenseman in our system with some similarities but McD still has 2 more inches and like 20 more pounds on him.
Timmins was amazed that McD was available as the habs were trying very hard to trade up to get him.
Gainey ruined it...Now the key is the lock up our core players long term and develop our current prospects properly.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Reasons to be optimistic:

- Bergevin might not be as bad as we think he was.
- We got Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Subban, Price, Eller and Pacioretty.
- Support player like Bournival and Weise
- Trevor Timmins
- Stéphane Waite
- Kids like Andrighetto, Beaulieu, Tinordi, DLR, Tokarski and Crisp
- Oh and Tim Bozon stayed alive. And could surprise.

That's it for me.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
For me the biggest, as others have mentioned, is that Tokarski looks like the real deal to be in the NHL. He made managements decision this summer much more difficult that's for sure.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
How many of these 15 teams have a Carey Price in net?

You don't need a Carey Price. You need a good to very good goalie IF your team is much better than what we had. Quick and Crawford aren't exactly stellar in these playoffs and yet, one of them is going to the Cup and might very well win it.

Oct 22, 2012
No reason any of us should be mad. 26 other fanbasses didn't get to partake in what we have.

The youth movement baby.

Eller and Galchenyuk took it to another level. Subban did as well. Beaulieu didn't play his best last night but you knew that was coming. Gallagher is a beast, DD didn't deserve the hate, Weiss is money, and weaver is really good depth.

Factor in all the youth on its way, we are set up for some good times ahead.

:yo:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Getting Weaver gave us a non-****** veteran 3rd pairing defenseman that Therrien can fall in love with instead of Bouillon and Murray

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You don't need a Carey Price. You need a good to very good goalie IF your team is much better than what we had. Quick and Crawford aren't exactly stellar in these playoffs and yet, one of them is going to the Cup and might very well win it.

So would you trade him to the Oilers for Hall & Yakupov - assuming they would make the trade? Tokarski/Budaj can be the good to very good goalies.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So would you trade him to the Oilers for Hall & Yakopov - assuming they would make the trade? Tokarski/Budaj can be the good to very good goalies.

Nope. Budaj isn't good enough to be a regular goalie. And Tokarski is not proven enough and not big enough to be a long-term starter in the NHL. Price stays. Forever. As I don't even believe Fucale will be that much of an issue going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad