Realistic Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Those are not contradictions. First off, the worrying comment was posed as a question about when/if we should worry about him, and is being discussed about his falling down the depth chart and being passed by other prospects. Are you really suggesting that Ghost, Provorov, and Sanheim haven't or are not in the process of passing him on the depth chart? If those prospects were chumps, that would certainly be a cause for concern. But given the quality of these players, that doesn't concern me in the sense that it means Morin isn't good, just in the sense that there is a logjam that is going to make it more difficult for him to make this team. That then leads into the other statement about being fine trading him. I'm not sure what that contradicts. I would trade pretty much any player for the right deal, and swapping out Morin for Drouin is a deal I'd probably make. That does not mean I think Morin sucks. That does not mean I am calling him a bust. It means that we have a surplus of good d-men, will likely have our pick of D-men in the upcoming draft, and have no high end wingers in the system to speak of outside of Konecny who may or may not ever get there.

It doesn't matter if he's passed on the depth chart, everyone knows that he was insanely raw from the start and that he'd take a long time to be ready. Drafting more NHL ready players has zero effect on him, all he needs to worry about is becoming the best player he can be. When he's done developing there will be room for him, I'm not worried about that at all.

And as we've already argued before, we need to keep all of these defensemen prospects. I don't give a flying **** what our winger prospect pool looks like. Our need is defensemen. Balancing our prospect depth is meaningless. Balancing our organizational depth is what counts and when we look at that defensemen is so much bigger of a need it's not even debatable.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As has already been stated, Sanheim and Ghost are not candidates to play the type of minutes Morin will get in the NHL. Not anytime soon, and maybe not ever. The fact he might be 4th if we voted on best defensive prospect doesn't mean Morin isn't a huge part of the future for the Flyers defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad