Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Washington's in 2017 and 2018, and Chicago's in 2018. So they have five to play with in the next two drafts. They got the Caps two 2nds for Lars Eller who has 3 points in 23 games.

Desharnais could be tried at 3C, then scratched or sent to the AHL if he sucks. He's just a UFA cap dump.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would not be opposed to dealing MDZ depending on how he plays over the next few weeks and where we are in the standings near the deadline. Another factor would be whether or not someone is ready to fill in. I would not do it if the plan was to play Ghost, AMac, Provolone, Streit, Manning, Schultz. I think we'd have to have one of Sanheim or Morin be ready to play full time or acquire someone to play over Manning or Schultz or AMac (though TBH, I haven't hated Manning that much this season). If the Flyers have fallen out of the playoff picture then trade away by all means.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Not only has Del Zotto struggled all year since coming back from his injury, it looks like he's a healthy scratch again. If Hextall can get one 2nd it'd be a win at this point for me.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would not be opposed to dealing MDZ depending on how he plays over the next few weeks and where we are in the standings near the deadline. Another factor would be whether or not someone is ready to fill in. I would not do it if the plan was to play Ghost, AMac, Provolone, Streit, Manning, Schultz. I think we'd have to have one of Sanheim or Morin be ready to play full time or acquire someone to play over Manning or Schultz or AMac (though TBH, I haven't hated Manning that much this season). If the Flyers have fallen out of the playoff picture then trade away by all means.

You're forgetting Gudas.

Bernie67

Apr 10, 2016
The first trade I would attempt is
Nick Schultz and a 4th to Ottawa for a 3rd

I would then attempt trade M. Del Zotto (50% retained) to Montreal for De La Rose and a 2nd
This would leave us with

Ghost -Gudas
Manning - Streit
Amac - Provorov

Our first call up would be depending on the side we need filled

Snaheim - RD
Morin - LD

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I'd be happy to trade these guys for:
Schultz - 5th
MDZ - 2nd
Streit - 3rd

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be happy to trade these guys for:
Schultz - 5th
MDZ - 2nd
Streit - 3rd

I think streit has more value. Even a first rounder. He has he name and pedigree and could be useful to help out an already strong f group.

MDZ for a second seems light too. Maybe 2 and 3 or 2 2's. D always go higher than you think. I'd say both have more value than a busted timo and look what he got us.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Honestly I keep our defenseman till the deadline. GMs can not help themselves when they get close to the deadline with upgrading their backend. Schultz pretty much won't return anything right now but we've seen defenseman go in high demand at the deadline. Keep them until then and then we can bring up Morin who will have a lot more seasoning under his belt.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Buffalo retained 50% of Mike Weber's salary last year and got a 2017 3rd rounder from Washington. :dunno:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Honestly I keep our defenseman till the deadline. GMs can not help themselves when they get close to the deadline with upgrading their backend. Schultz pretty much won't return anything right now but we've seen defenseman go in high demand at the deadline. Keep them until then and then we can bring up Morin who will have a lot more seasoning under his belt.

I think this is pretty wise, the only caveat being that there will be teams with D in danger of being Vegased who will be thinking the same, so it could be a good idea to get the jump on those teams by dealing early if possible. Not sure which is better, but I'm sure Hexy will get value either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad