Realistic trade deadline outcomes???

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This answers the Polak question:

Easy fit.

A lot of teams want that solid bottom pairing defender, and Polak is a RHD which a lot teams also need. He plays a style teams believe to be great in the playoffs and we all know he's a warrior on the ice.

He'll probably be one of the most coveted defenders out there. He won't fetch a top notch return but it should be better then a lot of rival fans will want to give up on this board.

I think it'll be at least similar to what Winnik fetched last year.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
One surprise trade.

With Lou here, I expect one surprise trade. Be it Kadri,Gardiner,Bozak or even Lupul. Any pending UFA that fetches a decent price will be moved depending on demand. Can you smell Reimer in Montreal for a 2nd plus?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
With Lou here, I expect one surprise trade.
Please say it is so.
I'm so bored I could just wither away.

Be it Kadri, Gardiner, Bozak or even Lupul. Any pending UFA that fetches a decent price will be moved depending on demand. Can you smell Reimer in Montreal for a 2nd plus?
Would rather keep Reimer.
Would love to see any of these characters moved.
Not sure if Lupul is movable though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Oh yes. It won't be the returns that will disappoint necessarily, but I don't think they will move as many players as people think.

PA will be going somewhere for sure, if they can get a 2nd rounder I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Polak should be going as well, also a 2nd rounder

I can't see Matthias or Boyes going anywhere, not for anything significant anyway. Mid to late round draft picks if they are moved.

Bozak/Lupul/Phaneuf/Reimer won't be moved.

I really have no idea why we would keep both Matthias and Boyes around after the TDL when we can trade them for whatever...and then sign them again in the summer. Makes zero sense to keep them

I see Polak, PAP, Matthias, Boyes going for sure. What they go for will be dictated by the market but if they're here after the deadline it will be an epic failure. Those are my absolute guarantees to be moved. Guys like Reimer, Lupul, Bozak not so much. Dreger mentions last year about certain interest in Bozak..if there is and I hope there still is I hope we don't screw around on small things like getting a late 1st over a early 2nd...like if you can move him for something then do it. I just don't see any of these guys (Bozak, PAP, Polak, Lupul, Matthias) being part of this core going forward. Get rid of them for what you can and move on.

Last edited:

Leafsbeast*

I have a weird feeling that Reimer is going to win a Stanley Cup this year.....just not sure with which team.

There is still a solid month for a goalie to go down with injury. I hope Lou holds onto Reimer until the last moment for the biggest return.

Reimers number speak for themselves this year. He is THAT goalie.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I have a weird feeling that Reimer is going to win a Stanley Cup this year.....just not sure with which team.

There is still a solid month for a goalie to go down with injury. I hope Lou holds onto Reimer until the last moment for the biggest return.

Reimers number speak for themselves this year. He is THAT goalie.

I really think they'll resign Reimer and move Bernier for what they can. I have no knowledge of what they actually think, but Lou has always valued having a good goalie and we certainly will be in a weak position if we move him.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Im looking at Polak being traded for any price, his actual value is probably a 3rd or 4th but hopefully deadline frenzy can make that a 2nd.

I also see PAP gone but if a contender trades for him PAP will probably be on their 3rd line so probably a 3rd round pick.

Boyes and Grabner are 50/50 but will probably get a conditional 5th or something.

I think Polak can get a 2nd. Him being an RHD that is physical and can skate should get a lot of interest out there, especially in the west.

He's a really good pick up at the deadline and has re-sign potential as well. He's our #1 trade bait this deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad