Real tournament and gimmicks at the same time at the same place

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
What if you could have a real World cup, juniors, women and gimmicks at the same time at the same place?

12 team World cup with real teams
8 team u25 World cup
8 team Women's World cup
6 team u20 World cup
4 team gimmick tournament North America, Europe, Asia and rest of the World. Players that didn't made it to those upper cups.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
In what mega city do you envision this happening? You would need maybe 8 large arenas to begin with. And to make it work, you'd need a few hundred thousand fans willing to attend - and I'm not talking about a few hundred thousand tickets sold, because you're talking about millions of tickets sold.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
In what mega city do you envision this happening? You would need maybe 8 large arenas to begin with. And to make it work, you'd need a few hundred thousand fans willing to attend - and I'm not talking about a few hundred thousand tickets sold, because you're talking about millions of tickets sold.
Eastern Canada and Northeastern USA region.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Better a World Cup with 8 real teams. I'd be happy with that if it happend regularly. Incl. a club event with 5 NHL-Teams+SHL, Liiga, NLA, Extraliga and DEL Champion. The european clubs could be invent 5 loan players(NHL-Stars). ;) This would be enough fpr me.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
I would like to see atleast ten teams.

And that gimmick part NA, Europe and the rest of the World would be better.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Pretty even matches from teams that are now outside top8 in IIHF ranking against top8 countries in 2014 olympics best-on-best tournament:
Slovakia-Slovenia 1-3
Canada-Norway 3-1
Latvia-Switzerland 0-1
Czech Republic-Latvia 4-2
Sweden-Latvia 5-3
Switzerland-Latvia 1-3
Canada-Latvia 2-1

Reactions: mattihp

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Pretty even matches from teams that are now outside top8 in IIHF ranking against top8 countries in 2014 olympics best-on-best tournament:
Slovakia-Slovenia 1-3
Canada-Norway 3-1
Latvia-Switzerland 0-1
Czech Republic-Latvia 4-2
Sweden-Latvia 5-3
Switzerland-Latvia 1-3
Canada-Latvia 2-1
And Germany and Denmark were not even playing. We have seen the emergence of Germany in the past few years.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
What if you could have a real World cup, juniors, women and gimmicks at the same time at the same place?

12 team World cup with real teams
8 team u25 World cup
8 team Women's World cup
6 team u20 World cup
4 team gimmick tournament North America, Europe, Asia and rest of the World. Players that didn't made it to those upper cups.
Or maybe not in the same place but at the same time. Every four years.

10 team World cup. Groups in NA and Europe. Playoffs NA. Practice games NA and Europe.
6 team u25 World cup. Europe
6 team Women's World cup. Canada
6 team u20 World cup. Canada
3 team tournament NA, Europe and rest of the World in some smaller European country or even in Asia.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad