Real season for the Pens is the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeesdynsty*

Last night I was watching the Pens/Caps game & Ed Olczyk mentioned in the pre game that even though the Pens are sitting atop in the Metropolitan Division, their real season doesn't begin for them till the playoffs start. Meaning the Playoffs is where it counts, yes they first must make it there which they have been. Then they can't win.

Dan Bylsma isn't the right coach for the Pens. It doesn't matter if he won a cup in 09. He coached only 25 games in the regular season that year & it was do or die for the Pens. His real coaching style came the following years. Here's his coaching stats,

Season G W L T OTL PCT Playoffs
2008-09 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 25 18 3 0 4 0.800 Won Championship
2009-10 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 82 47 28 0 7 0.616 Lost in round 2
2010-11 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 82 49 25 0 8 0.646 Lost in round 1
2011-12 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 82 51 25 0 6 0.659 Lost in round 1
2012-13 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 48 36 12 0 0 0.750 Lost in round 3

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
So umm can you post another team to compare to outside Chicago? I heard there's a little thing called parity and apparently Uncle Bettman isn't just handing us wins anymore?

yankeesdynsty*

I never said the Pens are just given wins, I think they believe its a cake walk to a cup & Bylsma should learn how to coach, stop falling in love with players like him, aka Adams, Glass etc. He thinks he may be the best coach, but he is a failure, bad choice for team USA to pick him. I will be shocked if they make medal round.

yankeesdynsty*

So umm can you post another team to compare to outside Chicago? I heard there's a little thing called parity and apparently Uncle Bettman isn't just handing us wins anymore?

Right now I'd rather be a Blackhawk fan :handclap:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I never said the Pens are just given wins, I think they believe its a cake walk to a cup & Bylsma should learn how to coach, stop falling in love with players like him, aka Adams, Glass etc. He thinks he may be the best coach, but he is a failure, bad choice for team USA to pick him. I will be shocked if they make medal round.

I think you went a bit far with those.

Right now I'd rather be a Blackhawk fan

Then go right ahead

yankeesdynsty*

I think you went a bit far with those.

What do you mean I went to far? I basically started this all off by saying what Ed Olczyk stated in the pre game last night. The Pens will not win another cup with Bylsma and his coaching style.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I give this guy huge props. Who watches a Pens game, hears a random comment, then not only gets the idea to build an account on here, go to the Pens board, and tell everyone he would rather be a Hawks fan, but actually takes the time to do it.

I for one feel much better as a Pens fans after hearing this. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad