Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
The Outsiders.

9505593-large.jpg

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
God Created the Integers. I have basically just been reading the end of it. This is an anthology / compilation, in chronological order, of the greatest mathematical works of all time. Edited by Stephen Hawking. I am using this volume to complete the reading of the following monograph (I did the same with Dedekind's Essays on the Theory of Numbers): Georg Cantor: Contributions to the Founding of the Theory of Transfinite Numbers. I believe this is the most prominent English translation work from this seminal figure in naive set theory. Some background in reading mathematics-related material is probably required.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
God Created the Integers. I have basically just been reading the end of it. This is an anthology / compilation, in chronological order, of the greatest mathematical works of all time. Edited by Stephen Hawking. I am using this volume to complete the reading of the following monograph (I did the same with Dedekind's Essays on the Theory of Numbers): Georg Cantor: Contributions to the Founding of the Theory of Transfinite Numbers. I believe this is the most prominent English translation work from this seminal figure in naive set theory. Some background in reading mathematics-related material is probably required.

I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you there is less than a 0 percent chance I read either of those. Mainly because A) Math was never my strong suit and B) I have no idea what the **** you just said.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you there is less than a 0 percent chance I read either of those. Mainly because A) Math was never my strong suit and B) I have no idea what the **** you just said.
Don't mind me, I'm a bit of a nerd. I was just taking a crap shot / made a Hail Mary attempt. Off the top of my head there have been two Lounge posters who have occasionally been inclined to talk about higher-level? math in here: Papa Nurse and Epsilon. I'm not holding my breath. But hey it's a book thread, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad