Reading Suggestion

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Hello you beautiful loungers.

I'm currently out of my summer reading list, i've been into hockey related readings. This week I've finished J.R's book as well as a fantastic read about minor hockey titled "Selling the dream"

I was wondering if you all could hit me with some suggestions in this field.

as a note I've read:

Jamie Mclennans
Jay Onrait's
Sean Prongers
J.R's
Selling the Dream
The Dany Heatley Story.

Dog

The Bobby Orr book is great

If you're interested in sports science I recommend "The Sports Gene" by David Epstein

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
The Bobby Orr book is great

If you're interested in sports science I recommend "The Sports Gene" by David Epstein

I read the Derek Sanderson book, which was pretty entertaining and insightful, but I just can't warm to the idea of reading Orr. He just seems to clean cut and wholesome to really spill the beans or tell it like it is (or was).

I don't read too many sports books these days, but I wants warts and all. Does Orr dish any dirt or cuss anywhere?

Chris Hagen*

I suggest reading some real literature instead of hockey books.

Chris Hagen*

The Outsiders is a ****ing classic. I figured it was a good, easy starting point for someone who's repertoire of books were exclusively about the history of hockey.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah; much better to strangle a little more out of what life is left in this place by sending stuff elsewhere.
Much better to send him somewhere he'd get a legitimate, worthwhile answer

The Outsiders is a ****ing classic. I figured it was a good, easy starting point for someone who's repertoire of books were exclusively about the history of hockey.

I suggest a grammar manual

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I would suggest Robins Reads Today.Tomorrow. Yesterday. ShorT story where the main antagonist sits down at the age of 35 with his 15 year old self and his 55 year old self

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
"Net Worth: Exploding the Myths of Pro Hockey" by David Cruise and Alison Griffiths...find out just how large an ******* Alan Eagleson was/is.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
10108469.jpg

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
"This Is Russia" by Bernd Bruckler

Bruckler is an Austrian who played at the University of Wisconsin, and in Finland before making the jump to the KHL. He talks about his experiences in Russia (i.e. culture shock)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad