TV: Reacher (Prime Video, Feb 2022)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I forgot that a Jack Reacher series was in development until this just appeared. I liked the movies, but this guy definitely fits the character a lot better. I imagine that those who were critical of Tom Cruise's casting will be pleased.

If you haven't seen the movies or read the books, Reacher is a former Army military police officer who drifts around the States like a nomad, often ending up in out-of-the-way places and getting involved in dangerous situations with crimes and mysteries to solve. He's ripped and can crack skulls, but he's also smart and uses deduction. He usually starts cases by playing detective and ends them by going one-man army.

The whole first season appears to be an adaptation of the first book, which I enjoyed. Hopefully, it's good and gets renewed, especially because I'd really like the 2nd book (probably my favorite) to be adapted.

Last edited:
Reactions: wej20

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The casting is a lot closer to Reacher's size in the books which is 6-5 I think.
Yup. This guy is pretty close to the book's portrayal, especially in the earlier books. Reacher was born around 1960, I think, so even though Lee Child didn't stamp a year on each story, it was clear that Reacher was getting up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad