re visiting the carter/richards trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
No, instead of Coburn and everyone else missing high & wide, Mr. High & Wide king Jeff Carter would be doing it. They miss Mike though. I wasn't for that trade.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
No, instead of Coburn and everyone else missing high & wide, Mr. High & Wide king Jeff Carter would be doing it. They miss Mike though. I wasn't for that trade.

Coburn is starting to become the most frustrating player I have ever watched. He has all the talent to be a great player, but I feel like he's never going to put it all together. He could be a one, but he's destined to stay a three for his entire career.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
It was either Lavy or the players back then and Lavy won. I was against it then and against it now, but we got some great players in return that should keep the Flyers a strong team for many seasons.

toughfighter83*

It was either Lavy or the players back then and Lavy won. I was against it then and against it now, but we got some great players in return that should keep the Flyers a strong team for many seasons.

why do you refuse to accept that these players are not good enough because of a first year fluke? why not get rid of them for someone better? so what if they win cups with other teams and for good reason if they get better players then them and still competing, at least it's something to build on.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
why do you refuse to accept that these players are not good enough because of a first year fluke? why not get rid of them for someone better? so what if they win cups with other teams and for good reason if they get better players then them and still competing, at least it's something to build on.

Why is it a first year fluke? They are YOUNG, you don't trade kids who had 95% of there time in the nhl playing really good, and judge them on the 5% bad. Is it more realistic too think it was a first year fluke? or that during a lock-out shortened season, maybe they didnt get enough practice time with the team to automatically start where they left off? In 7 games? Or maybe the dreaded sophmore slump really sucks when you have so many of them?
:shakehead

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't go on the main boards...too many fans of other teams enjoying this.

I think it's quite comical actually. Especially when it's from fans of teams that have sucked for so long I couldn't tell you the time they were good (Islanders fans, Maple Leafs fans etc.). But whatever ill take a short season of sucking to possibly get Seth Jones and reload in the summer.

toughfighter83*

Why is it a first year fluke? They are YOUNG, you don't trade kids who had 95% of there time in the nhl playing really good, and judge them on the 5% bad. Is it more realistic too think it was a first year fluke? or that during a lock-out shortened season, maybe they didnt get enough practice time with the team to automatically start where they left off? In 7 games? Or maybe the dreaded sophmore slump really sucks when you have so many of them?
:shakehead

ok if those players fail in the next 2 or 3 years, you are still going to make that excuse?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought that I was tired of hearing about the glory days of the Broad Street Bullies and technicolor TV ...but the constant bemoaning of these two takes the cake that Steven's baked....

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA

What positive do you see on this team? Really. I don't think there is one player or coach on the team you want to keep.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I thought that I was tired of hearing about the glory days of the Broad Street Bullies and technicolor TV ...but the constant bemoaning of these two takes the cake that Steven's baked....

We were polar opposites on this issue, but here we agree. The trades were made, it's over, we have to deal with it.

I'm not pissed at Homer for making the trades, I'm annoyed at him for putting the team in a position where such radical moves were needed to fix his mess. My fear now is he won't stay the course. A flying rebuild is still a rebuild, and there will be bumps...that's the nature of the thing.

toughfighter83*

What positive do you see on this team? Really. I don't think there is one player or coach on the team you want to keep.

if this team finishes at the bottom, i dont see any positives on this team. homer made it a complete mess.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I hope the Flyers tank this year, get the 1st overall pick, and draft Seth Jones. I look forward to reading how he is overrated and should be traded in his 2nd year before his value drops.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Gotta laugh at all the Jones talk. People need to stop acting like he's already a superstar, he's a kid and he looks great against other kids but that may not translate at the NHL level.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Why do you refuse to accept that 95% of players need time to develop and will likely be not the same players in 3 years, when they will still be under 25.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
If Lavi gets fired, can we scratch off "Carter and Richards didn't see eye to eye with the coach" as a reason for the trades? Would management really gut the team to save the coach, and then fire the coach the next season?

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'd probably still do the trades. My biggest problem with them was that they did not get one d-man back.

Carter looks great right now though.

I haven't seen any LA games, but from the stats Carter has 3 goals and no assists in 6 games. I know you can't judge a player soley by his stats, but am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad