OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't see the big deal with all this yogurt in the park stuff. I found a half empty (I prefer to think of it as half full) and just got really sick to my stomach for a few hours.

Reactions: Discipline

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Epic Games Store is giving away Control this week. Pretty good game from the developer of Alan Wake and Quantum Break (so it's also pretty demanding on your PC).

Reactions: Discipline

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
E3 this year was a big ol' oof. Not a lot to show, but they were sure to tell gamers they had to 'do better'.

With the state of mainstream games journalism, I wouldn't be surprised if the wokeness was actually intended for them. Take 2 does a diversity and inclusion Zoom call for an hour, so that sweeps away the articles over their hundred-hour work weeks at their subsidiary studios, right? E3's roots are as a trade show for industry people, although it was all online this year due to the 'rona.

You'd never have Verizon stream in a normal year. They were clearly speaking to people who can make things happen. What's the point of pushing 5G, which is inevitable, or trying to impress with the new 'diverse mobile esports blockchain NFT' claims if everyone in Twitch chat knows better? Mobile esports were really a thing mentioned several times during the Verizon presentation. It doesn't make sense, but if you're not in touch with the current state of gaming, it seems like a great investment.

Forza Horizon 5 won the most anticipated game of the entire show, which indicates how little there really was. Has anyone on here ever played a Forza game? They're at E3 every single year, but I don't think I know anyone buying these games.

Official E3 2021 Awards Show Names Forza Horizon 5 as Most Anticipated Game of E3 - Electronic Entertainment Experience

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I love the Forza games personally, but I'm a big racing game fan in general. That said, I will probably just wait til it's on Game Pass (or is it launching on it?).

The only other game I'm kinda excited for is the new 2D Metroid.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I love the Forza games personally, but I'm a big racing game fan in general. That said, I will probably just wait til it's on Game Pass (or is it launching on it?).

The only other game I'm kinda excited for is the new 2D Metroid.
Game Pass day 1.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Mobile e-sports is apparently a thing in Asia and therefore a huge market potential. #DontYouGuysHavePhones
I should have clarified I was referring to the west. The implication I got was that they were talking about NA/Europe. Verizon could have gone to the Tokyo Game Show to speak to Japan in their own language, but they bought time at E3.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Metroid 5 is coming out this year despite having announced Metroid Prime 4 in 2017.
Prime 4 is in development hell if I recall. They completely changed the team on it.

Really important to get that game right. Dread is working on an existing template so should be easier to develop.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Prime 4 is in development hell if I recall. They completely changed the team on it.

Really important to get that game right. Dread is working on an existing template so should be easier to develop.
Prime and the classic side scrolling games are in different series, but Nintendo had to have known how their announcement would look.

You're not wrong on Prime 4's development problems.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Prime and the classic side scrolling games are in different series, but Nintendo had to have known how their announcement would look.

You're not wrong on Prime 4's development problems.
I mean - I'm a huge Metroid fan so you know what? Don't give a f*** about how it looks. Give me more Samus (but not Other M).

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The second season of I Think You Should Leave w/Tim Robinson just dropped on Netflix. You probably have time to binge the thing before the storm gets rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad