Re-Sign RFA's

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hayes, 600-900k, 1-way 1-2 years.
Pirri, 800k-1.35M, 1-way 2y.
Gudbranson, 1-1.65M, 1-way 2y.
Kulikov, 2.9-3.85M, 2y (prove he's worth the big money and a spot on the team).
Olsen, 600k, 1st year 2-way / 2nd year 1-way (Robak treatment).

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Gud - 2 years/3.5-4 million
Pirri - 2 years/3.5-4 million (I could see this being longer term if Tallon believes his 0.66 PPG pace with us can be sustained)
Hayes - 2 years/1.7 million (possibly 2-way first year)
Olsen - 2 years/1.2 million (definitely 2-way first year or both years)

Kulikov - this should be interesting - 1 year/3.5-4 mill? I assume he'll be looking for at least 4 or 5 years though.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC

This is probably exactly what you'll see, assuming everyone is retained. To think that team controlled contracts would be any higher is ridiculous.

Kulikov making over $4 is also a bit ridiculous.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

not a chance guds gets under 2 or even 2.5......kuli over 4 probably for a couple years or even more if hes signed long term which i doubt

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
not a chance guds gets under 2 or even 2.5......
And why is that exactly? Because of his mad puck moving skills?

He's a purely defensive d-man, currently very raw even at that, and should be paid like it. I sure as hell hope Tallon won't pay him just because of his draft position and potential.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
And why is that exactly? Because of his mad puck moving skills?

He's a purely defensive d-man, currently very raw even at that, and should be paid like it. I sure as hell hope Tallon won't pay him just because of his draft position and potential.

well lucky for the organization then, tallon values him more than u do... he will get 3 ish im guessing as he should...i think guds is getting severely underrated even by our own fanbase...its easy to make good d look bad on a **** team with with **** wingers that cant get the puck out after the d man seperated the other team from puck and gets it to the winger on the boards like he should... when the team becomes better guddy will look alot better and be a big part of it.. his decision making has improved vastly from even last year.. yes he makes a couple mistakes but so does every dman...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
well lucky for the organization then, tallon values him more than u do... he will get 3 ish im guessing as he should...i think guds is getting severely underrated even by our own fanbase...its easy to make good d look bad on a **** team with with **** wingers that cant get the puck out after the d man seperated the other team from puck and gets it to the winger on the boards like he should... when the team becomes better guddy will look alot better and be a big part of it.. his decision making has improved vastly from even last year.. yes he makes a couple mistakes but so does every dman...
Kids don't get the big bucks until they've earned 'em, and Guds hasn't done a damn thing to earn 3M per. Hell, even Kuli got only 2.5M per. Another comparison, Bogosian got the same money/term as Kuli did after his ELC ran out.

Guds isn't at a point yet where Tallon could possibly get a lower (caphit) deal by giving term, he needs to prove it first. One (or even two) bridge deals first.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Kids don't get the big bucks until they've earned 'em, and Guds hasn't done a damn thing to earn 3M per. Hell, even Kuli got only 2.5M per. Another comparison, Bogosian got the same money/term as Kuli did after his ELC ran out.

Guds isn't at a point yet where Tallon could possibly get a lower (caphit) deal by giving term, he needs to prove it first. One (or even two) bridge deals first.

Agree. I'd give Guds a few ticks over an ELC. Maybe 2 years @ 1.3 with the 1st as a 2-way.

Guds is in no way worth 3 mil. He simply isn't good enough and not a sure fire thing to justify mil in 2 years.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
well then im guessing u guys will be angry with his contract cause no way i see him signing for anything under 2.5

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
i dont call making 2.5 mill getting paid as far as nhl salaries go... no way he gets under 2 simple as that

How much does a player like Jimmy Hayes make after re-signing? And why does he make that little?

Gudbranson already gets more than Hayes despite being no better. Why does he get more? He was drafted at #3. RFA rules guarantee him X amount of increase on his salary per re-sign.

Why isn't Jimmy Hayes making $2.5 next year? He wasn't good enough. Why should Gudbranson get paid more? You're insisting he gets paid for potential. He's already getting paid more than his peers for his potential. Don't pay him even more. There's no logic behind that.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Kulikov got 2mil in the 1st and 3 mil in his 2nd for his 2nd contract after his ELC.

Guddy will get the same there a bouts.

Both of these guys will probably take till camp to get signed.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
How much does a player like Jimmy Hayes make after re-signing? And why does he make that little?

Gudbranson already gets more than Hayes despite being no better. Why does he get more? He was drafted at #3. RFA rules guarantee him X amount of increase on his salary per re-sign.

Why isn't Jimmy Hayes making $2.5 next year? He wasn't good enough. Why should Gudbranson get paid more? You're insisting he gets paid for potential. He's already getting paid more than his peers for his potential. Don't pay him even more. There's no logic behind that.

Please tell me your not comparing jimmy Hayes to guds... This argument holds 0 merit...yes like it or not potential does come into play... A projected top 4 dman in guds while still rfa usually get 2 year bridge contracts paying avg 2.5 mil... A lot of the time it's 2 first year 3 second year... That's exactly what I expect guds to get... Wouldn't be surprised if it's a little more.. Will be surprised if it's less

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Absolutely I am comparing Gudbranson with Hayes. And it holds perfect merit. They're two young players who have done absolutely nothing to earn anything more than their RFA contracts renewed, and the small 10% increase or whatever it is they get by the RFA rules.

Gudbranson has had no success so far. He's been a contributing factor as to why this team has ended up bottom dwelling.

Kulikov's contract is not comparable. He got paid 2.5 because he just came off two convincing seasons where he increased his offensive output in less games in his two subsequent seasons. I expect nothing over 2 for Guds and likely in the 1.5 range, for a good and appropriate deal.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Kulikov's contract is not comparable. He got paid 2.5 because he just came off two convincing seasons where he increased his offensive output in less games in his two subsequent seasons. I expect nothing over 2 for Guds and likely in the 1.5 range, for a good and appropriate deal.
This is exactly why I mentioned Kuli, there's no way Guds is getting 3+ when Kuli got 2.5 after those two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad