Re: Flyers radio

GirouxDaMan

Oct 19, 2014
Sudbury, Ontario
I'm looking for a radio station that discusses Flyers hockey. Something like tsn1050 that discuss everything Leafs come season time. I've tuned in to Philly sports stations via TuneIn radio but they seem to discuss alot more about the Eagles and 76ers but rarely any Flyers talk. I like listening to talk radio at work so which station do you tune into to hear Flyers talk? Thx in advance.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm looking for a radio station that discusses Flyers hockey. Something like tsn1050 that discuss everything Leafs come season time. I've tuned in to Philly sports stations via TuneIn radio but they seem to discuss alot more about the Eagles and 76ers but rarely any Flyers talk. I like listening to talk radio at work so which station do you tune into to hear Flyers talk? Thx in advance.

You won't be finding any live sports talk radio around here that talks about hockey with any shred of consistency or knowledge. You're probably stuck listening to podcasts, of which i'm not the best person to ask regarding postcasts specific to the Flyers.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
NHLNetwork on Sirius XM is good hockey talk but they talk about everything, not just Flyers, and it tends to lean more toward Canadian teams but it is a great station for round the clock hockey.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You're **** out of luck my friend. What you seek does not exist.

Our board should start a Flyers podcast.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Flyers are talked about on 94.1 and 97.5 as much as the Soul or Union. They're an afterthought. And it's insulting.

I remember there was zero coverage on the NHL draft this year, and then they had an interview with Ron Hextall and right after that they went back to discussing Fletcher Cox's contract. It's disgusting. Sometimes i want to call in just to yell at them

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers are talked about on 94.1 and 97.5 as much as the Soul or Union. They're an afterthought. And it's insulting.

I remember there was zero coverage on the NHL draft this year, and then they had an interview with Ron Hextall and right after that they went back to discussing Fletcher Cox's contract. It's disgusting. Sometimes i want to call in just to yell at them

Which is why it has been 10 years since I have tuned in and never will again.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016

Both stations are all eagles all the time. They should be called Philadelphia football radio, not sports radio. Even the sixers and Phils get minimum coverage. I haven't listened to either of them in a long time because it's the same **** about the Eagles every single day. I don't get how with 24 hours 7 days a week of radio between 2 stations, how there can't be 1 show dedicated to the flyers for at least 1 hour.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Both stations are all eagles all the time. They should be called Philadelphia football radio, not sports radio. Even the sixers and Phils get minimum coverage. I haven't listened to either of them in a long time because it's the same **** about the Eagles every single day. I don't get how with 24 hours 7 days a week of radio between 2 stations, how there can't be 1 show dedicated to the flyers for at least 1 hour.

Are you new here? If so, welcome aboard!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sports Radio is definitely not the way to go.

I listen to two Flyers podcasts: Sons of Penn Radio & Pattison Ave.

Both pretty good. I assume Broad Street Hockey has something, but they've never promoted it nor have I found it.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It'll be hilarious for them to get all "Flyer'ed Up" if they are the next team to win a Chip.

They are probably the closest at this point in their rebuild and since they actually MADE the playoffs too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sports Radio is definitely not the way to go.

I listen to two Flyers podcasts: Sons of Penn Radio & Pattison Ave.

Both pretty good. I assume Broad Street Hockey has something, but they've never promoted it nor have I found it.

Where would I go to check those podcasts out?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Where would I go to check those podcasts out?

iTunes if you have an Apple device.

If you don't you can download the Liberty Podcast, it's a new app that has a bunch of shows on it, Sixers/Eagles/Flyers/Phillies, all of them are really good IMO.

I think Pattison Ave is on Soundcloud.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
It'll be hilarious for them to get all "Flyer'ed Up" if they are the next team to win a Chip.

They are probably the closest at this point in their rebuild and since they actually MADE the playoffs too.

Even when they were in the playoffs it was NFL Draft coverage

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yep I just found this board from the flyers reddit and love the more in depth discussion here. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yeah this place is the best. I spent many years at orangeandblack.net before coming here in 2014 and there is no comparison. This is THEE Flyers message board.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yeah this place is the best. I spent many years at orangeandblack.net before coming here in 2014 and there is no comparison. This is THEE Flyers message board.

We do have some rage issues. I've been called an ******* many a times.

rsegrest1

Dec 29, 2015
South Jersey
Jason Myrtetus on 97.5 is the only radio personality with some knowledge of the Flyers. But he's overshadowed by Mike Missanelli who is anti-hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad