Re-Draft GM game

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
Hey people! I haven't been on these forms in awhile but when I was, I always enjoyed playing GM games. So I thought I would set one up. This post is just to see if there would be enough dedicated GM's to play.

The game would be building a brand new team from the start. The game would be a full re-draft of every year from either 2003 or 2004 through 2018. There would be 2 rounds of drafting per year depending on how many gm's we can get. I am looking for 15 dedicated gm's but it could work with any amount. You can choose a team but you will not be stuck with those teams draft picks. Instead every two years the draft list will be randomized. I am thinking a snake draft where each year the order swaps. So If you get the number 1 pick year 2004, you would get the last pick 2005 and vice versa, but in 2006 it would be completely random. I'm hoping every two years the draft clocks would run for 2 days simultaneously about an hour a pick for a certain time period of the day. We could have a free day between every two years to finalize picks and make trades. Once the clock starts, I do not want to have any trades going on (I am open to other suggestions on this matter) because of confusion during picks.

Please post if you are interested and if there are enough interested I will set up the full game. If not then I will not go through the effort of setting it up. I'm pretty sure there was a game set up like this in the past and I really enjoyed it. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to let me know and we could figure things out.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm interested.. this was one of the better GM games I've been in from last year. Really creative idea.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Id do it. I remember last years game had a really short clock tho. Usual 2-3 hours one would be nice.

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
Alright if we get one more person before the end of the day, I will set up the OP and we could get things started. If not then I will not go forward. I think 10 gm's should be sufficient.

Depending on which day this might start I will play.
I'm hoping to set everything up tomorrow, get everyone to join Saturday and Sunday, then start drafting on Monday. Hopefully this works for everyone.

Id do it. I remember last years game had a really short clock tho. Usual 2-3 hours one would be nice.
2-3 hours would be very nice, but I'm afraid the game would take to long and people will lose interest before finishing. Hypothetically, with a 2 hour clock running 12pm to - 12am, every two drafts will take three days, for a total of 21ish days. I'm pretty sure that is not feasible. I will figure something out.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Alright if we get one more person before the end of the day, I will set up the OP and we could get things started. If not then I will not go forward. I think 10 gm's should be sufficient.

I'm hoping to set everything up tomorrow, get everyone to join Saturday and Sunday, then start drafting on Monday. Hopefully this works for everyone.

2-3 hours would be very nice, but I'm afraid the game would take to long and people will lose interest before finishing. Hypothetically, with a 2 hour clock running 12pm to - 12am, every two drafts will take three days, for a total of 21ish days. I'm pretty sure that is not feasible. I will figure something out.

3 rounds simultaneous ? I never skip picks in a regular game but I did in the chet one. One hour is pretty ridiculous I cant check my phone that often (if you can do that on your day job Im judging you).

With 10 people we can probably do 15 draft years in 10 days. Theres roughly 20 good players per draft anyway, the late 2nd round picks were basically worthless in the 15 people game.

Last edited:

GeraldBass

Nov 21, 2018
I also want to play this game as I am more interested in playing a game. With this I am also in a search to have a later series of the video game. Playing game is like refreshing yourself from the stress. I used to play a shooter video game called Destiny 2 on the PC. Are we going to have this game in the multiplayer mode? I like to play with friends. I usually used to play Destiny 2 with friends to explore more, you can also buy Destiny 2 if you are interested in playing this game. Playing game on the PC is like you do not need to worry about the type of the game as well as the graphics of the game.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
We could probably make do with 13 GMs.

I say we get this thing started.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Guys, the OP hasn't been seen since August. Someone else will have to run this if we want to get it going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad