RDS & TVA Sports Memes! II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2016
In a foxhole
Stephane Auger was saying last night that the hit of Letang was a legal hit and he will not be suspended for that.

This guy is a joke, i tought it was a joke from the start when he was hired by this sports channel. He was one of the worst referee in the league when he was there at the time.

Every time i heard him i just want to puke. I am sure that my cat have more judgement than him and he have crossed eyes. When an ex professional referee can't make a good call on a multiple replay displayed on tv it shows how bad he was on the ice along is whole career i think.

He's so predictable. He always sides with the ref decision and defends what the call on ice was. He clearly doesn't want to offend his old buddies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Stephane Auger was saying last night that the hit of Letang was a legal hit and he will not be suspended for that.

This guy is a joke, i tought it was a joke from the start when he was hired by this sports channel. He was one of the worst referee in the league when he was there at the time.

Every time i heard him i just want to puke. I am sure that my cat have more judgement than him and he have crossed eyes. When an ex professional referee can't make a good call on a multiple replay displayed on tv it shows how bad he was on the ice along is whole career i think.

He's horrible.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
There's a game during the first round that had 3 different reviews, he gave his opinion on all 3 during the broadcast and he was wrong on all 3 :laugh:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Dany is by far the best analyst in sports medias that cover hockey in Montreal, if not North America. Apart from him, other that I like and respect their opinion are rare. Pedneault, Marc Denis... In english I find Scott Stevens to be a good analyst who understands and explain the game very well (hes on NHL network I think?). Houde is a fantastic play-by-play guy.

Of course there are are insiders that evaluates players' value well and are connected all around the league like Lebrun and Bobby Mac. However when they talk about the actual play on the ice its another story.

Im really curious what Dubé's role will be but I hope he helps raise the level of TVA sport (Tiger, Séguin, Brisebois, c'est pas ben ben fort, mettons)

Jan 15, 2016
In a foxhole
Dany is by far the best analyst in sports medias that cover hockey in Montreal, if not North America. Apart from him, other that I like and respect their opinion are rare. Pedneault, Marc Denis... In english I find Scott Stevens to be a good analyst who understands and explain the game very well (hes on NHL network I think?). Houde is a fantastic play-by-play guy.

Of course there are are insiders that evaluates players' value well and are connected all around the league like Lebrun and Bobby Mac. However when they talk about the actual play on the ice its another story.

Im really curious what Dubé's role will be but I hope he helps raise the level of TVA sport (Tiger, Séguin, Brisebois, c'est pas ben ben fort, mettons)

My fav french play by play is the guy on radio. I don't know his name...

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Any one heard that crap ...dont know who said it but...

"Swing la BACKES dans le fond de la boite à bois. .." really !?!?

I vomit in my mouth. ..this is FIRED without hésitation!

It's kinda funny, but it just didn't sound good said by him at that time.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Merci! If TVA signs him for the habs and important games commentating, it would make a huge difference. He makes the game more exciting.

That's who (Martin McGuire) I was hoping TVA Sports would hire in the first place, not Séguin. I would have taken Denis Casavant before him too...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
With Dubé there they cannot possibly keep these two stupids on PBP for very long. TVA has three PBP teams and Seguin and Lalime are by far their worst. Esp. Seguin cause he doesn't have an impressive voice. You are not engaged in the games when he describes it.

I know it's Sportsnet but their Habs PBP are pretty underwhelming also.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
https://www.facebook.com/DefinitivementPierre/videos/803755789724941/

"Toé t'as toujours joué au centre. Su toutes les rapports de matchs"

FO by Barkov: 1156
FO by Huberdeau: 18

Gaston's the worst. He's paid to talk hockey, yet he doesn't watch it, and can't even read stats sheets correctly.

Like that time he said we didn't see Galchenyuk on team Russia's powerplay at the juniors because he was behing Grigorenko on the depth chart.

Some of these guys are bad or annoying (or both), but Gaston is on a whole other level of failure. It's actually embarassing to watch.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Like that time he said we didn't see Galchenyuk on team Russia's powerplay at the juniors because he was behing Grigorenko on the depth chart.

Some of these guys are bad or annoying (or both), but Gaston is on a whole other level of failure. It's actually embarassing to watch.

These guys are paid to talk about hockey. Think about that.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Old school Pierre Houde :popcorn:

OuuuPsy.jpg

All kidding aside, very good piece on Houde's 40 (!) years as a broadcaster here. Nice career :nod:

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Old school Pierre Houde :popcorn:

OuuuPsy.jpg

Nice, thanks Blou. Look at his smile and the proximity of his mic to Gilles' face, hilarious. I knew he was an airplane fanatic (like his brother... and me), but I didn't know he was flying. I feel fortunate, I've had René Lecavalier and Pierre Houde describing Habs game for me since the mid 70s.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Nice, thanks Blou. Look at his smile and the proximity of his mic to Gilles' face, hilarious. I knew he was an airplane fanatic (like his brother... and me), but I didn't know he was flying. I feel fortunate, I've had René Lecavalier and Pierre Houde describing Habs game for me since the mid 70s.

Yeah man!

I remember listening to Rene Lecavalier and Claude Quenneville, which i didn't like untill only later, when i was a kid. I will always miss the Radio Canada broadcasting from the 80' and 90' . They were eloquent, well spoken and with so much class. Nothing like the Kypreos and Stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad