RD Troy Stecher (2012 undrafted; 2016 signed, VAN)

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
North Dakota's Troy Stecher Becoming a Top Free Agent Prospect

North Dakota has one of the most impressive groups of defensemen in the country. They boast six NHL Draft picks on the blue line, including one of the rare first round NHL Draft picks currently playing college hockey in Jordan Schmaltz. But it has been sophomore Troy Stecher, the one undrafted player among North Dakota's top seven defensemen that has emerged as arguably the team's top defensemen this season, and after going undrafted in his final year of eligibility last year, Stecher is now on pace to become a highly-sought after free agent this coming summer.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Damien Cox said this guy is going to be pursued by a lot of teams this off-season.

Teams with weak Blue-lines like Toronto and Vancouver I could see going after him.

:nod:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
If the canucks don't go after stecher I'm going to be pissed.

Hometown kid and a canucks fan to boot.

Kids a terrific skater, great hockey IQ, fantastic vision. Can't say enough good things about him.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If the canucks don't go after stecher I'm going to be pissed.

Hometown kid and a canucks fan to boot.

Kids a terrific skater, great hockey IQ, fantastic vision. Can't say enough good things about him.

Would be nice to win one of these "Sweepstakes" again. Stecher looks really good and has some good chemistry with Brock.

BC Boy, playing with Brock, has an opportunity on a very weak defense core... What's not to like?

CorySchneids

May 3, 2015
Would be nice to win one of these "Sweepstakes" again. Stecher looks really good and has some good chemistry with Brock.

BC Boy, playing with Brock, has an opportunity on a very weak defense core... What's not to like?

If I'm in his shoes I also look at Hutton and Tanev as solid pieces that could give me time to ease into minutes as well as potential partners down the road since they're quite young as well.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Kid had a great development camp, stood out big time. His skating, and hockey IQ is extremely solid.

Here is a quick video of him.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I'm waiting to see him in Utica before I make any judgment on him. Prospect camp means very little in the grand scheme of things. Still, it's nice to hear he's doing well

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

0:49
1:49
5:24
5:34

Obviously this game should be taken with a grain of salt, but it was a great first game. I saw quite a bit of him at NoDak but I really didn't expect him to display that kind of poise and patience in an NHL game right off the bat. I love the way he shifts to the right. Agility and Intelligence like that is huge for NHL defencemen. If he continues to play like this, he'll be on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad