RD Travis Brown - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL, (2012, 149th overall, Chicago)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Been one of my sleepers since I first saw him in pre-season with the Moose Jaw Warriors.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/search/label/Travis Brown

From Sept. 2011
At 6'2, Brown is an imposing figure on the blueline that loves to play tough and physical.

Despite that size, he's a very good skater and needs to be considered well above average for a large defenseman. He is not afraid to jump into the rush and join the play. Along with those offensive smarts, he also has nice offensive tools. He's a strong passer and has a solid shot.

Defensively, he also holds his own. In my viewings he's been very strong in his one on one defensive play. He's got a quick and active stick and features solid body positioning.

There are two things that I see holding him back in this, his draft year. He's a 17 year old rookie without a ton of experience. And secondly, he's playing on arguably the deepest blueline in the WHL. Ice time will be a challenge to come by, unless he's able to force the Warriors hand and have them trade a defender for a forward to make more room for him.

I really think Brown is an underrated prospect for the 2012 draft and if he can continue his strong start to this season, he will surely have his name called in Pittsburgh at the 2012 NHL draft.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
bump

Any updated opinions on Travis Brown. Looks like hes continuing where he left off last season. As unlikely as it may sound, can he challenge Reilly for #1 d? Looked solid at the Hawks rookie camp.

RomersWorld*

What a season so far for Brown. Tonight MJ down 3-0 to start the 3rd period....Brown scores a goal to make it 3-2, assists on the goal that made it 3-3 and won the game with a goal in overtime. 2 goals and 1 assist tonight.

Now Travis Brown's stats are 16 games, 6 goals, 15 assists, 21 points. Not bad for a defenseman. Leads all WHL defenseman in points(21 to 17) and leads his team in goals(tied) and has the most points on the team. The 2nd highest to Brown's 21 points is Rodewald's 13 points.

Pretty incredible what he has done so far considering even Rielly struggled to put up great numbers on this team last year(.90 PPG). No way Brown continues at 1.31 PPG but I hope he continues to play well and improve. Maybe he even gets some WJC consideration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad