RD Owen Murray - Penticton Vees, BCHL (2021 draft)

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Leads all defensemen in points in the BCHL preseason. Small late birthday defenseman committed to UMass Amherst reminds me of somebody? Could he have a similar jump like Makar did in his draft year?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Leads all defensemen in points in the BCHL preseason. Small late birthday defenseman committed to UMass Amherst reminds me of somebody? Could he have a similar jump like Makar did in his draft year?

Almost certainly not given the elite Dmen at the top of the 21 draft.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Says who? If he plays at an elite level, scouts will definitely recognize his play.

Makar was way more on the scouting radar than Owen Murray so it would need to be a huge jump in play.

also the 3 Dmen that I'm thinking about have size on him and are already excelling at higher levels.

HockeyGuy967

Nov 8, 2020
Makar was way more on the scouting radar than Owen Murray so it would need to be a huge jump in play.

also the 3 Dmen that I'm thinking about have size on him and are already excelling at higher levels.

Very true. Makar didn’t have this type of competition ahead of him in his draft year. There’s a lot to overcome. It will be interesting to see how the current covid situation in the hockey world plays out and affects scouting for this upcoming draft. The fact that his league is one of few leagues currently operating can definitely help his stock as long as he can step up his game to a higher level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad