RD Otto Salin - IFK Helsinki 148th overall 2022 NHL entry draft.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I didn't found Salin's prospect thread so i made this.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Hockey News has him rated 52. Had a hip injury, a concussion and Covid . Also a small right shot Defenceman so he should fit right in.

Reactions: chris kontos

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Just a hunch, but I feel like this guy could end up being better than his draft position. I thought he looked pretty good at Hlinka, then early season got that dirty hit and wasn't as good after that. But I'm just some idiot so don't trust me.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I like the Salin pick maybe it singles that a Roy or Walker or both are going to be moved. Would like xtra picks in '23 or'24

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I had Salin 88th on my list so I like the value on this selection. Sometimes injuries in a draft year can really hurt a guys value to the benefit of the team that's selecting him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Jun 30, 2006
This pick is 3-4 years away, minimum. Durzi, Spence, Grans, etc are the reasons Walker would be moved. Roy couldn’t be replaced by any of them (yet).
There’s no rush for Otto, Kings seem eager to see how he fares in the Liiga league. He’ll eat/train like a pro.

That being said, Otto could be one of those guys that force the issue or make a current guy expendable sooner than later. I was reading about his hockey upbringing/ career and he has always been adjusting to playing in a league he is considered too young for and always meets the challenge.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I assume Salin will be skating for Finland at the WJC but haven't seen anything official.

Has Finland announced a camp roster?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Any one have any updates on this players development camp? Is he making progress to be a legit nhl player?

Haven't seen anything comprehensive yet but a lot of onlookers are marking him as someone who is standing out positively

I'm sure the full writeups will have at least a mention with so many people impressed so keep eyes up

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hoping for a Salin-Nouisiainen pairing one day. Probably way too small to ever play together though.
We can add Tuukka Mantyla (5'7) of Finnish smurf defensemen drafted by the Kings since the start of the millenium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad