Aug 31, 2018
Seattle
noah_dobson_draft.gif

Eliteprospects

Reactions: Newfoundland

islandurrs

May 14, 2019
Long Island
Hopefully won't be a prospect for too much longer! I've got high hopes for him this season to be an NHL player, but another year in the Q wouldn't be the worst thing in the world – and I would love to see him lead Team Canada at the WJC.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hopefully won't be a prospect for too much longer! I've got high hopes for him this season to be an NHL player, but another year in the Q wouldn't be the worst thing in the world – and I would love to see him lead Team Canada at the WJC.

Sadly Dobson is one of those guys where a rule that a 19 year old could play in the AHL would make alot of sense. In a perfect world Dobson goes down to the AHL to start the season and plays alot then is one of the first callups the second an injury happens

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Just saw Aho was assigned to Bport...one less player to complete with....our young D has looked really good this pre season, was really impressed with hutton also.
Hutton is a beast, rarely I look forward to college free agents but him and Jobst look great.

Reactions: SI90

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
He's a tough one because another year in the Q is no use to him at this point—he's dominated for the last two years, won it all twice, there's just nothing left to prove or learn—but if there's no space/he's not ready for the NHL what do you do with him?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
He's a tough one because another year in the Q is no use to him at this point—he's dominated for the last two years, won it all twice, there's just nothing left to prove or learn—but if there's no space/he's not ready for the NHL what do you do with him?
Not only that, the only reason why he's not on the team is because we're so deep on the backend. He's probably forcing a trade at this point.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
How's this guy fairing in the preseason? Gonna make the Islanders this year (and forgo last junior season)?

Offensively, he looks ready, but to me he's not ready in his own zone. He's a step behind the play mentally right now.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not only that, the only reason why he's not on the team is because we're so deep on the backend. He's probably forcing a trade at this point.
Yes. There is no doubt he is ready. The way Trotz speaks about him, he may force a trade. This is a good thing. You don't rush things, players will tell you when they are ready and Dobson has done this. At minimum for 9 games.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Yes. There is no doubt he is ready. The way Trotz speaks about him, he may force a trade. This is a good thing. You don't rush things, players will tell you when they are ready and Dobson has done this. At minimum for 9 games.
To me, this is the strongest indicator that Dobson will start the year in the NHL. Trotz absolutely raves about Noah.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Yeah sure sounds he made the opening night roster.

Dobson is certainly very talented, but having Trotz as his coach is probably the best thing that could have happened to him. He is also surrounded by a talented and rock solid NHL defense group to help ease his transition. He really is in an excellent situation whether he stays in the NHL this year or not.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Dobson is certainly very talented, but having Trotz as his coach is probably the best thing that could have happened to him. He is also surrounded by a talented and rock solid NHL defense group to help ease his transition. He really is in an excellent situation whether he stays in the NHL this year or not.

Absolutely great situation for Noah to be in. Solid team, great coach, and he doesn't or isn't counted on to be on the top pairing. Couldn't ask for a better place to start. If he does go back to the Q, then atleast he got a taste of what it is like to be in the NHL. This will have him ready for next year if the Isles do decide to send him back.

Reactions: SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He’s been good-very good. Some sloppiness, running around, but great decisions in every zone. I like how he takes that extra second to decipher the play and make the correct decision, whether it’s an outlet, a drop pass to Barzal, or looking for a deflection.

Imho, deserves a 3rd pairing spot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad