RD Neal Pionk (2013 undrafted, signed by NYR)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
How’s there not a thread on him? Was pretty sought after, last off-season. Was recently called up
10 points in his last 10 NHL games and 11 in 19 in total so far.
6 foot 190 lbs, 22 years old
Marc Staal has been mentoring him so far and Pionk has looked like a really good defenseman with potential to become a solid 3D. He has a booming shot and can hit hard, good stick work as well although he seems to make one/two bad plays a game which is fine for a rookie D. His defense has been surprisingly good though, he’s not an offense first defenseman. Getting PP and PK time, Rangers fans were really excited about him preseason after that sick OT goal he scored against the Isles (spun around Nelson and sniped it) but the hype gradually died off after he wasn’t producing in the AHL.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I like Pionk and Gilmour. And ADA is coming around. I think Ranger Defense next year will suprise as long as they stay healthy

Skeij Shattenkirk
Gilmour Pionk
Staal ADA

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like Pionk and Gilmour. And ADA is coming around. I think Ranger Defense next year will suprise as long as they stay healthy

Skeij Shattenkirk
Gilmour Pionk
Staal ADA
Skjei and ADA have a lot of chemistry recently I’d keep them together and Staal and Pionk should be a pairing due to Staal taking Pionk under his wing. Gilmour is terrible defensively and decent offensively, he’s fast as shit though, I wouldn’t mind him as a 7/8D

Reactions: free0717

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad