RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET) Part 3

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Minute eating d-man who's excellent using size, strength, wingspan, skating, and IQ. Gonna be pretty underrated offensively too.

I don't want to be too optimistic about him stepping in right away and making an impact, but I think it'll be not too long into his career. However I think it'll be moreso defensively as even Hedman took a bit to get to the level he is offensively currently.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
A bigger Vladdy is still the comparison I'm going with. A wall defensively, with physical flair, ability to eat minutes and underrated offense. I can't wait to see how he translates to the NHL next year.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Concerning playing in Detroit this year:

I think the Wings and most Wings fans would like to see him in the NHL after his SHL season ends. But it's unlikely to end in time as we expect Rogue to do well in the playoffs. I think he's ready for the NHL and will be one of our better D the first time he steps on the ice, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Concerning playing in Detroit this year:

I think the Wings and most Wings fans would like to see him in the NHL after his SHL season ends. But it's unlikely to end in time as we expect Rogue to do well in the playoffs. I think he's ready for the NHL and will be one of our better D the first time he steps on the ice, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

Rogle hasn't been as hot lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they were upset in the postseason.

WheeledWing

Feb 19, 2021
Potential franchise defenceman if he can improve his shot. He has pretty much everything else and some.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I love how he just pushes guys around with one hand. Literally looks like a man amongst boys, as a boy.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Minute eating d-man who's excellent using size, strength, wingspan, skating, and IQ. Gonna be pretty underrated offensively too.

I don't want to be too optimistic about him stepping in right away and making an impact, but I think it'll be not too long into his career. However I think it'll be moreso defensively as even Hedman took a bit to get to the level he is offensively currently.
I think a ~20pt rookie season with great defensive play and a highlight hit or two would be a great season

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
It would be nice if he got 6 or so games, but no more, as u don't want to burn a year of elc.
ELC years are overvalued unless we speak about the very top level of prospects. Players with an extra year on ELC have an extra year to establish a better body of work and can demand a bigger second deal. It's these second deals that make or break cap structure since if you have a lot of young talents your highest probability to win the cup usually comes when they're on such deals. Better second deals mean more cap space for complementary players to support your core at their peaks. McDavid level prospects are getting paid no matter what so you try to make the most while they are on an ELC but I can't remember any team where it worked since Crosby/Ovechkin/Chicago. That's probably because you usually tank to get this level of prospects and you can't turn the team around fast enough to take advantage of their ELC.

Reactions: odin1981

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think it'll be moreso defensively as even Hedman took a bit to get to the level he is offensively currently.
I'm not sure if he was deemed to be bad on the PP or something in the early NHL seasons, but Hedman was kind of the #3-4D for Tampa's powerplay the first few seasons. Only 10 powerplay points the first 4 seasons, then when he got #1PP minutes he had 14 powerplay points that season. If you look at Even-strength production during those early seasons, Hedman was actually top 20 in the league (D).
I think Seider will get a much bigger opportunity to play that #1PPQB role right from the start. He still shouldn't be expected to put up eye-popping numbers, but he should at least have a real shot at doing something more than ~20 points (which is solid production for a rookie D who isn't on the powerplay).

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He just ragdolls people like it is nothing.

I am incredibly intrigued at to how his NHL career will go. Lots to be excited about as a Wings fan, for sure.

Reactions: Realgud

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think him and Brady Tkachuk are gonna have some awesome battles in the division when he gets to the NHL. The net front will be great to watch

Probably the 2 most old school, high end prospects to come up in a long time and theyre going to be playing each other often

I wanted Tkachuk to fall to us so badly that year. That was the best top 4 I have ever seen in terms of what I thought of my board, not the actual picks.

But my top 4 entering was

1.) Dahlin
2.) Svechnikov
3.) Hughes
4.) Tkachuk

I mean the whole board makes fun of my obsession dating back to the draft year with Hughes. He was actually my third ranked player, and Tkachuk was such a monster. I thought he would make our group one of the toughest to play against, at that point it was looking like we would have a ton of size in the lineup. Svech had not suffered the injury yet... But for us to flop Seider and I was growing on him in the draft year but I didn't have the understanding of his physical dominance. You didn't know how ferocious he was going to get. Seider is a throwback, he is mean at times.

It amazing he does it already at this age, I think when people keep talking about what is he going to do when he gets to the NHL and there are some guys to worry about, I think Brady Tkachuk is a great example of kind of what I anticipate at this point. While he has more filling out, he doesn't need to worry about a transition when I watch him, he is an elite physical player, really fun to watch.

Reactions: Realgud

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The Red Wings may enter another Lidstrom type era with this kid. When I say that I don't mean to compare the two players, but to compare situations where a defenseman is the team's best player. The Red Wings have a lot of promising youth and prospects but I'm not sure if any have the potential to have a bigger impact on hockey games than Seider.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
in anticipation of seiders arrival ide like seeing yzerman add a 4 line grinder with size n toughness to give seider back up when nhlers come after him for big hits . actually we arent winning a thing next season so ide like 2 cops on the roster for this purpose next season

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The Red Wings may enter another Lidstrom type era with this kid. When I say that I don't mean to compare the two players, but to compare situations where a defenseman is the team's best player. The Red Wings have a lot of promising youth and prospects but I'm not sure if any have the potential to have a bigger impact on hockey games than Seider.

We wings fans can definitely go overboard on the hype but its nice that other fans can recognize this kids potential :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad